Hi!

I wanted to make this forum in hopes someone has experience/information about the SLP graduate program at Worcester state?  I've been accepted there and to UNH. Being from MASS, my cheaper and more realistic option is Worcester. So, most likely, I will be accepting there if I get rejected from my other schools. Anyways, I haven't heard THE BEST things about WSU... However, I'm SURE not everyone's experience has been negative...  

Please post and let me know any information you have about information and experiences from Worcester!! Thank you!

Hi there!

Can I ask what negative aspects have you heard about Worcester? Since they're SO affordable they are definitely in the running for me, I just haven't been able to find out ANY information about them (good or bad). So, if you don't mind sharing the "not so good" aspects you have heard, I would certainly appreciate it. That way I may be able to go into the decision-making process a little more informed. 

Hey guys!

I'm currently attending WSU for my undergraduate degree in communication sciences and disorders. I'm going into my last semester and so far I've had mixed feelings about professors/the program although this is obviously  different than what the graduate program is like. But we have a pretty nice on-campus clinic for speech and hearing and I know multiple students in our graduate program who really love it. Most of the professors are very caring and passionate and are extremely knowledgable. I think for the price it's not a bad option at all. Personally, I plan to apply to WSU as a backup but I certainly wouldn't be mad if I ended up there. 

Hope this helped! Let me know if you have any more specific questions!

On 3/28/2018 at 3:04 PM, MegSLP said:

Hi there!

Can I ask what negative aspects have you heard about Worcester? Since they're SO affordable they are definitely in the running for me, I just haven't been able to find out ANY information about them (good or bad). So, if you don't mind sharing the "not so good" aspects you have heard, I would certainly appreciate it. That way I may be able to go into the decision-making process a little more informed. 

Hi! 

I really don't feel right talking on the behalf of the program since I really have no proof any of this is true. However, I will tell you what I've heard. I've heard through my undergraduate program rumors from other alumni students that have gone to WSU Graduate SLP program ended up dropping out. Some came back crying and one person used the word "disorganized" to describe the program. Why... I don't know, that's why I don't know how valid this information is.  However, I will say my undergrad program has gone through changes that have made it seem disorganized at times.. and I still love my program! So, once again I'm not sure

A poster above me commented on a more updated and probably more valid experience from current graduate students. I would take a look at that. 

WSU is the most realistic option for me right now. I'm 90% most likely to go there if I do not get accepted to the other school I applied too. It's definitely an awesome price!

16 hours ago, npaquin7 said:

Hey guys!

I'm currently attending WSU for my undergraduate degree in communication sciences and disorders. I'm going into my last semester and so far I've had mixed feelings about professors/the program although this is obviously  different than what the graduate program is like. But we have a pretty nice on-campus clinic for speech and hearing and I know multiple students in our graduate program who really love it. Most of the professors are very caring and passionate and are extremely knowledgable. I think for the price it's not a bad option at all. Personally, I plan to apply to WSU as a backup but I certainly wouldn't be mad if I ended up there. 

Hope this helped! Let me know if you have any more specific questions!

Thank you so much for your information! It is very helpful and good to know people are having a decent experience. I am a firm believer in "you can make the best of any situation" so I feel that's the mindset you need going into grad school. 

Good luck in school! I'm also in my last semester. What schools have you applied too??