On 4/9/2018 at 2:03 PM, hellooo said:

I agree with Felice.  I have pretty similar stats to you.  Cumulative GPA of 3.1 and my last 60 credit GPA was 3.7.  I knew my GPA was pretty bad so I didn't even bother applying my senior year and gained experience as an SLPA and worked at ASD summer camps.  I researched heavily which schools looked at the last 60 credits and applied to schools that catered to my bilingual/ASD background.  I applied for the first time this year to 8 schools and got 4 acceptances and 2 waitlists.  Don't give up hope!

where did you get accepted to?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from any schools (NY in particular)??? I've been rejected from 5/6 and have been waiting to hear back from St John's. I've already developed my plan  to retake a course, plus do another class in order to be eligible to apply to more programs out of state. I will also be taking the GRE again for the 3rd time later this year since some schools told me that my score is low, however my application is great. Who knew this standardized test determined our future success.....ugh.

I wish SJU would confirm a decision so I can proceed to schedule my summer/fall courses and prep for the GRE. It's unfortunate that some programs wait soooo late, only to send us a disappointing rejection...this was my second application round. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/9/2018 at 1:03 PM, hellooo said:

I agree with Felice.  I have pretty similar stats to you.  Cumulative GPA of 3.1 and my last 60 credit GPA was 3.7.  I knew my GPA was pretty bad so I didn't even bother applying my senior year and gained experience as an SLPA and worked at ASD summer camps.  I researched heavily which schools looked at the last 60 credits and applied to schools that catered to my bilingual/ASD background.  I applied for the first time this year to 8 schools and got 4 acceptances and 2 waitlists.  Don't give up hope!

This is very similar to me! Thank you for sharing your story. It give me hope!

Edited by SingingSLP