UDub Seattle 2018 PhD admits

BStat

21 hours ago, Ishika said:

Hi @BStat, have you considered your housing options? I am from India as well, and I was wondering how you are going about looking for a place to stay :)

Hey Ishika, I have not yet started looking for housing seriously. Just browsed few resources shared by the institute as part of U501 and by the department. I will mostly be taking an off campus housing since campus housing is on the expensive end with limited utilities. I was first planning to decide/ find potential flatmates and then go on to rigorously search for furnished apartments. What is your approach?

On 4/25/2018 at 12:33 AM, Ishika said:

@BStat at the moment I'm looking at a bunch of roommate websites -- people who have a place and need roommates/tenants post there. Plus@bigfluffybearcat and I are looking to hunt for an apartment together as well.

Fingers crossed that we'll like what we find!

Can you also guide me to some of the website links to find roommates that you are talking about.. that will be very very helpful. thanks 

Hahaha @BStat we are all flying blind. So far, I've been looking into pod-style apartments, as well as sites such as roomster.com and easyroommate.com

Ideally, I'd like to find 1 or 2 roommates and live in an apt near UW, but that seems unfeasible at the moment, since one should definitely visit a space before leasing it. Still, I'm waiting and hoping that there will be relatively inexpensive places available at the end of the summer.