Declined schools, yet still receiving things from them?

Hi everyone!

I happily accepted my top choice all the way back in mid-March. As soon as I've received any other offers I've quickly filled out the "decline admission" section of intent forms so that I could free up spots for other people. I triple checked everything I filled out before submitting. However, I've received emails from 3 of the schools I declined saying "thank you for your intent to enroll, your deposit is due by this date...." or inviting me to open houses, etc....It's been making me really anxious because I know I didn't accept admission at any of these schools. Has anyone else had this happen to them, or have any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks!

I've received stuff from all the schools I have declined. One keeps asking me about my financial aid status. I think maybe they are just sending it out to anyone they admitted. I was worried at first but then went back to make sure I had declined!

I've received emails like this. If the emails have any unsubscribe link at the bottom you should be able to click on that and opt out, that's what I did for a few schools. If not you could email the department administrator who updates the who gets emails list and ask to be removed from it as you've accepted another school.

It's normal. Once the offers go out, the list of offers go to many different departments and mailing lists. These other groups aren't always informed when you make a decision on your offer though. It may take some time for you to be automatically removed from mailing lists, or you may never get removed.

The worst offender for me was 3 years after I turned down a school for a 2-year Masters program, that school called me, greeted me as an alumni and asked for a donation!