Jump to content
  • 0

PGWP duration after master's in Canada


I got accepted into M.App.Sc. program of a Canadian University. The program’s lengths is “Minimum 3 terms, maximum 9 terms”.

I thought all Canadian master’s programs usually result in 3-year PGWP (Post Graduation Work Permit) especially considering this statement:

"Officers may issue 3-year work permits to individuals who complete a master’s degree in Canada when the DLI has confirmed in the written confirmation of program completion (e.g., an official letter or transcript) that the degree is 16 to 23 months in duration and does not include regularly scheduled breaks." (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html)

However, the program has a minimal length of just one year (3 terms). It seems too shirt. Will it help if I study there more than 3 terms or it does not matter and I still can get a 3-year PGWP even after finishing it after 3 terms?

Edited by prospectivegradstudent1
Link to post
Share on other sites

0 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.