Bucknell English MA (Fully Funded) Accepting Applications

Hey, all - I wanted to pass this link along in case anyone might be interested. Bucknell University is currently accepting applications to their fully funded MA program in English. 

https://www.bucknell.edu/english

I did my BA at Bucknell, had two friends do the MA at Bucknell, and am happy to answer any Qs about the department or the area! 

Did they not have a large applicant poll? I got in off the waitlist earlier this week, but I had already committed to another program which was a better fit (plus out of PA which will be nice). I will say that I was really impressed by the program from what I know about it plus their doctoral program placement is top notch from my understanding. I hope people apply! 

2 hours ago, Dogfish Head said:

Did they not have a large applicant poll? I got in off the waitlist earlier this week, but I had already committed to another program which was a better fit (plus out of PA which will be nice). I will say that I was really impressed by the program from what I know about it plus their doctoral program placement is top notch from my understanding. I hope people apply! 

I don't know how large the total applicant pool was but I'd guess that (now that people have picked where they want to go), spots and and funding have opened for people doing the kind of scholarship that Bucknell's faculty is strong in. And if they've got the money, might as well use it, right?! They sent students to Vanderbilt and Harvard this year, so it's definitely a place to be if you want to go on to doctoral work - I hope people apply as well! 

And congrats again on Vermont :) It's another super solid MA program - I hope you love it! 

Edited by a_sort_of_fractious_angel

28 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

I don't know how large the total applicant pool was but I'd guess that (now that people have picked where they want to go), spots and and funding have opened for people doing the kind of scholarship that Bucknell's faculty is strong in. And if they've got the money, might as well use it, right?! They sent students to Vanderbilt and Harvard this year, so it's definitely a place to be if you want to go on to doctoral work - I hope people apply as well! 

And congrats again on Vermont :) It's another super solid MA program - I hope you love it! 

Thank you so much! Congratulations again on Carnegie Mellon! I was going to apply there this cycle, but I missed the application deadline like an idiot. CMU is definitely a great school and Pittsburgh is an awesome city (probably biased because I grew up around there lol). I may apply there for doctoral work still because of how strong my interests align with their faculty interests. Good luck and feel free to shoot me a message if yinz have any questions about the Burgh.

1 hour ago, Dogfish Head said:

Thank you so much! Congratulations again on Carnegie Mellon! I was going to apply there this cycle, but I missed the application deadline like an idiot. CMU is definitely a great school and Pittsburgh is an awesome city (probably biased because I grew up around there lol). I may apply there for doctoral work still because of how strong my interests align with their faculty interests. Good luck and feel free to shoot me a message if yinz have any questions about the Burgh.

Thank you! The Burgh seems AWESOME, so I'm jazzed. And if you end up applying to CMU for doctoral work (I hope you do!) feel free to email me - I'll be the proud Bucknellian in the current students section, lol. 

3 hours ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Thank you! The Burgh seems AWESOME, so I'm jazzed. And if you end up applying to CMU for doctoral work (I hope you do!) feel free to email me - I'll be the proud Bucknellian in the current students section, lol. 

I'll definitely shoot you an email about the program! I toured there this past Fall and had a great experience walking around the campus, talking to a current graduate student, and sitting in on a seminar.

• 3 weeks later...