Life Over Speech- Podcast for Undergrad and Grad Students

I am a Speech Language Pathology graduate student in her last semester at Florida International University. I have created a podcast called Life Over Speech, which is tailored to undergraduate and graduate students in this field. Graduate school isn’t the easiest thing I’ve had to do and, in retrospect, I wish I had an idea of what I was getting myself into; someone to share their experiences with me. It would have been awesome to hear stories and tips to make the experience smoother and more enjoyable. 

With Life Over Speech, that’s exactly what I’m trying to do; to have open and honest conversations about what being in this field is truly like, and to help others who are or will be in my shoes at some point, while providing some encouragement. Two friends and I share our experiences about life as students and SLPA’s, and share our tips about everything from self-care to applying to graduate school. Episodes are released on a weekly basis and so far there are five available for listening on all major podcast platforms. Just search "Life Over Speech" in your podcast app or click on the link below to tune in. Enjoy! 

https://anchor.fm/life-over-speech

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying the podcast so far! So nice to hear the perspective of graduate clinicians toward the end of your grad program as I'm at the beginning and concerned about school-life balance.

• 3 weeks later...

I subscribed! Very excited to listen, but I'm not going to lie, reading "I wish I had an idea of what I was getting myself into", as an incoming 1st year grad student really scares me...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2018 at 11:17 AM, slp2be2018 said:

@StPaulCCC What is "I wish I had an idea of what I was getting myself into"? Is it a book? 

Oh, oops no. I was quoting Easy Speechie's post above: 

On 5/24/2018 at 5:42 PM, Easy Speechie said:

I am a Speech Language Pathology graduate student in her last semester at Florida International University. I have created a podcast called Life Over Speech, which is tailored to undergraduate and graduate students in this field. Graduate school isn’t the easiest thing I’ve had to do and, in retrospect, I wish I had an idea of what I was getting myself into; someone to share their experiences with me. It would have been awesome to hear stories and tips to make the experience smoother and more enjoyable. 

With Life Over Speech, that’s exactly what I’m trying to do; to have open and honest conversations about what being in this field is truly like, and to help others who are or will be in my shoes at some point, while providing some encouragement. Two friends and I share our experiences about life as students and SLPA’s, and share our tips about everything from self-care to applying to graduate school. Episodes are released on a weekly basis and so far there are five available for listening on all major podcast platforms. Just search "Life Over Speech" in your podcast app or click on the link below to tune in. Enjoy! 

https://anchor.fm/life-over-speech