Waiting for NSSR

anxiousapplicant

Crap. the results search said someone emailed them and that they haven't done it yet. March 23 is the due date now.

I saw that too. If I recall, that is the same program you were applying to...so although that stinks, at least it's something. I saw someone applying to the drama school received a letter (by post) on March 10th, but since I'm not applying to the drama program that's not much help! unsure.gif

I'm okay for about 2 hours and then I need to check the results page or hit refresh on my email (even though it checks every 15 min).

I saw that too. If I recall, that is the same program you were applying to...so although that stinks, at least it's something. I saw someone applying to the drama school received a letter (by post) on March 10th, but since I'm not applying to the drama program that's not much help! unsure.gif

I'm okay for about 2 hours and then I need to check the results page or hit refresh on my email (even though it checks every 15 min).

Now the same program just told me they WERE mailed out this week!AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If someone hears back from the Philosophy Department before I do, I'm gonna go postal on the Universe :blink::angry:

In a strange turn of events, I was just accepted to the PhD philosophy program with full funding...despite not applying to the program. laugh.gif I'm 100% full of b.s.

I'm not so sure I'll be accepted to the local community college associates degree in pottery anymore if I have to wait any longer...I need to drink this weekend.

baahh!!!

I bought some books this evening, and now I want to sit down and learn "Le Latin en 15 leçons," but I'm too preoccupied with the lack of information on NSSR decisions !

BLEGH!!

I also got KAFKA's "Le Métamorphose,"

and "L'érotisme masculin dans la Rome antique" promises to be entertaining

This should keep my mind off of spooty NSSR, since I'm giving yoga a break tonight

At least I don't think about NSSR during the day ! :lol:

but serially, though-- someone needs to call and harass them to find out when they are sending decisions

Hopefully this week is our week...I'm trying to tell myself I can cope just fine if I need to wait through next week as well, but I would like to know sooner-than-later!

Good luck NSSR crew!

Hey BD, I also applied to their MA in International Affairs and can't wait for a decision...it doesn't seem that there are many of us out there, though - I think I only saw another one that applied there. I have been trying to gather more info on their program, so anything you know and is willing to share will be much appreciated! biggrin.gif

By the way, where else did you apply to?

Good luck to us all!

Hey there! The first time I saw someone else mention they were applying to the IA program was on Facebook to the general NS fan page...otherwise I've felt like I was alone lol laugh.gif

Based on the other programs (Philosophy, Drama, Political Science) all saying that they would send the first decisions out on March 10th, I am going under the assumption that the IA program is in the same boat. I was thinking about calling the main admissions office and asking if they mailed out any decisions yet -so I have something else to freak out about.

I'm one of the crazy people that only applied to one grad school...so NSSR is it for me (well technically we are NSGS wink.gif). I was going to put school off for one year and I decided that I would still give it a shot an apply to NSGS to see what happens. If I don't get in I'll be bummed for sure, but in the end I guess I was going to wait a year anyway...

(okay, but I still really really want to get in!!)

Where did you apply to?

Hey BD, I also applied to their MA in International Affairs and can't wait for a decision...it doesn't seem that there are many of us out there, though - I think I only saw another one that applied there. I have been trying to gather more info on their program, so anything you know and is willing to share will be much appreciated! biggrin.gif

By the way, where else did you apply to?

Good luck to us all!

Political science PhD hopeful here. Hoping to hear something from NSSR this week. I already got accepted to Rutgers but want to stay here at NSSR. Good luck to everyone!!!

I only got an email from them on March 3rd informing that my application was complete for review and that's the status I've been getting since then...I have no idea why it took so long for them to send that email, and that made me worry that they might also take a long time to inform about the results, let's hope I'm wrong!!

I applied to NSGS, Georgetown SFS, American SIS, and the Fletcher School. I've just been admitted to Fletcher (got the results on Friday, really happy about it!!), but I still have not heard from the other schools.

So only one school? I can imagine how anxious you are! I'm interested to know what appealed to you about NSGS that made this school your choice. Their program seems great on paper, but I haven't met anyone that actually attended it and would love to get more info on this.

Let's hope the waiting ends soon with great news to us!

I got that same email a week after I applied and I almost crapped my pants when I saw "New School Admissions" laugh.gif -like you, I also think I'll be at the end of the pack for decisions.

Congrats on getting into Fletcher, that's awesome! I wanted to apply there but well...let's put it this way, I'm jumping from one career path (business/IT) to a new path and while my grades are good, I honestly didn't think I could compete with the other candidates at Fletcher (or the others on my list). The only reason I feel I have a chance at NSGS is that they might appreciate a really crazy background and my passion for the program. I freaked out when I started filling out applications and second guessing myself...since I had visited NSGS last February and they really made me feel good about their program (they didn't know my reservations about myself), I knew I just had to apply as a long shot.

The other schools on my original (and 2011 list) are:

Georgetown, George Washington, U of Michigan, Johns Hopkins SAIS

As for my other reasons they were number one on my list:

I've been involved in a lot of groups, organizations and non-profits, so I handle myself well with "office politics" and things like that. However, I wasn't sure I was ready to make a career out of the political side, because I really want to be on the grassroots side of the fence. I'd rather be the feet on the ground and the voice to the politicians that go to NYU/Georgetown. So, I would be happy at any school, but I felt that if I wanted to focus on the grassroots efforts, NSGS was one of the only ones that played in that arena. Kind of like Georgetown and NYU being almost the only ones that play in the UN pool.

Agreed...hopefully the wait ends soon! I'm tired of thinking my SOP was crap and I should have drawn a picture of a cookie or something insane to get noticed laugh.gif Good news soon would be awesome!

Sorry for 200 posts in a row...

I did call the admissions office, specifically I called NSGS Admissions office for graduate programs which should only be the following programs:

• MFA in Creative Writing
  • MA in Media Studies
  • MA/MS in International Affairs
  • MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages

I asked if we should be expecting accept/reject letters this month or next month...the voice on the other end said "this month". You would have thought I could have asked her if they sent out letters for MA IA, but no I said thanks and hung up. So I know nothing more than I knew before the call, but somehow I feel better.

HAHA-- draw a picture of a cookie and fax it to them, asking them to attach it to your file as an addendum

This just in at the Phil LV--

Acceptance to NSSR MA:

Acceptance package via FedEx arrived today. Letter from Robert MacDonald, with a handwritten note (is this normal?). 1/3rd tuition waived with merit scholarship. Would love to go, but still can't afford it. *sigh*.

No information that would help other applicants.

Also, I'm sure you've seen the Phil MA rejection on the board

Both by postal service

Unfortunately, they do their decisions from both ends.. sending out the definite rejections and the dfeinite acceptances first. Then work their way to the middle of the pile

ppl get acceptances in April

if I have to wait that long, I will explode!!!

IT HAS TO BE THIS WEEK!!!

ahhhhh

Edited by monkeefugg