Waiting for Harris decisions

wcasey5

Nothing new to add, but the Harris School website says decisions by March 15th... Anyone heard or hearing from them this afternoon?

That's a good point, the website does say by March 15, which would be Monday. I hope they do go out Monday. I just got my first response from schools (rejection) and I could really use some better news...

In one of Harris's email updates to applicants, the adcom did note that decisions would be rendered 'around March 15.'

What dates constitute 'around March 15', I'm not sure...

Edited by carl923

Anyone heard from Harris today?

I was certain they would have at least emailed some decisions by now.

I tried calling the admissions office a couple of times today to get an update -- just got voicemail both times. Hopefully that means they're busy finalizing emails to be sent out today.

If it's any help to anyone, it looks like April 9-10 and April 12 will be the visitation days this year:

http://harrisschool.uchicago.edu/students/new-students/pdf/OntheMappFlyer2010.pdf

Edited by briepea

Looking back at the 2009 results page, it seems like Harris repeatedly missed deadlines they quoted to inquiring applicants. But it looks like the funded admits received notice on 3/18, unfunded admits on 3/19 and the waitlisted and overlooked applicants got word on 3/20 or later.

Perhaps it'll be similar this year. I hope we hear sooner, though.

Just saw that an acceptance for Harris was posted (with "a full fellowship + $10K") in the results section. Is this real? Anyone else heard anything? If the admitted poster happens to be reading this, what time did you get the email and would you mind sharing your stats?

Edited by briepea

I can't confirm the result on the results search page, but I just had a friend tell me that they got in. So they are definitely sending out e-mails! Now I hope I get one soon.............Good luck everyone!

Edited by necreation

Congrats to the two Harris MPP admits that received full rides! So excited to hear from Harris either way. Those posts came really late in the day -- did U Chicago send the e-mail after close of business today?

Just saw my email notification from Chicago, which was sent at 1:26 Chicago-time. Either they auto-sent messages at a strange hour, or their admissions people were really working overtime to make their deadline.

Just saw my email notification from Chicago, which was sent at 1:26 Chicago-time. Either they auto-sent messages at a strange hour, or their admissions people were really working overtime to make their deadline.

1:12 am here, central time. The message ends with an optional invitation to Math Camp. Chicago is so nerdy.. I love them.

Also, anyone notice that the expected amount of personal expenses (i.e. fun / entertainment) is about $3000, or half of any of the other schools? They know their market!

just got an email...admitted but with no funding..

for those who havent received, i think they are sending out emails to those with funding, then to people without funding...

my last name starts with A btw...good luck

Edited by sky_blue

Congrats to all the admits! Have any of the admitted students seen a status change on their Harris application -- is the decision only e-mailed or is it also posted to their application system?

Congrats to all the admits! Have any of the admitted students seen a status change on their Harris application -- is the decision only e-mailed or is it also posted to their application system?

There is no change to my status in the application system. Looks like you'll have to wait for an email.

In but no funding... staying in the Midwest would be nice but I don't think I can justify spending so much, especially when Berkeley gave me money... we shall see!

I wish we could trade. I'd love stay in the Bay Area but Berkeley gave me zero; meanwhile, Chicago's offering me lots of money...

I feel so late compared to everyone else on here, but I got in today around 6pm (EST). They offered me $5k, but I'm underwhelmed after my offer from Carnegie Mellon. I plan to notify them ASAP, so hopefully that money can go to someone who will really appreciate it. Congrats to all the other admits!

got my first rejection this afternoon from harris. i think my sop was kind of forced for them so its no surprise really. i'm psyched on my other offers so no disappointment. congrats to everyone else.