People with another masters degree (MA, MEd, MSW, MS, MPH, etc.) on top of their JD, did it positively affect your job search?

MettaSutta

Mildly. Probably the more impactful feature is where you went to law school, thus a T14 school will yield the most initial responses, and if you went to a really tippy top school, you could have literally dozens of job offers. I should preface by saying that I am making the assumption that you would be interested in pursuing jobs on the legal side....

40 minutes ago, Boolakanaka said:

Mildly. Probably the more impactful feature is where you went to law school, thus a T14 school will yield the most initial responses, and if you went to a really tippy top school, you could have literally dozens of job offers. I should preface by saying that I am making the assumption that you would be interested in pursuing jobs on the legal side....

Yes, I'm interested in JD-required and JD-advantage jobs.  My law school is modestly ranked (second tier) but the MA program is Ivy League. 

I would say it really depends on the type of legal job you seek to pursue after graduation: boutique, large law firm, federal government, think tank...etc.  I have worked all of the former positions, (I have practiced for over 20 years) so, I would say it’s important even during graduate school to somehow still be connected to the legal community, so that you have the dexterity to move in that direction upon graduation. 

Yes!  I will be very connected to the legal community through pro bono volunteering, networking, bar association events, etc. 

I'm solidly dedicated to nonprofit/legal aid/NGO/gov't.