Communication/Mass Comm/Journalism

Unfortunately that is not the case. I have been following up the posts on this site, where they display the admission results: http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?t=n&pp=25

There are more applications to life sciences, that is for sure. Since their deadlines were ealier, and they started announcing their admission results.

Cornell (PhD in Communications) started sending out interview invitations. I haven't seen any info on their MA.

I am very nervous and anxiously waiting. I have decent GPA (3.3), strong/valuable work experience in Communications and Mass Media and ungraduate degree, but my GRE verbal is embarrassingly low. Worries me alot.

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Several faculty members from different universities told me that GRE scores are becoming a less and less important part of the application process. I was surprised by the seemingly low verbal GRE scores some current graduate students claim to have. In communication I think relevant work experience gives you a big advantage.

And I agree that if you check out cornell communication results you'll see that they send out notifications from february all the way to mid-march.

At least cornell is showing signs of life. Both annenberg schools are keeping silent for the time being...

I wonder if I am the only one who is anxious of waiting?

No you're not. I think it's safe to say that nearly everyone is anxious at this point in time. I did however hear some good news from one school...but still have four to go. By the way, for those shooting for the phd, what are your research interests?

Hi, I'm new to this. nice to have people to talk to about the waiting game... I got the penn rejection today. bummer. But i got a full ride and fellowship from a couple of other places, which is good. Esp in this economy. Penn had 350 applicants? They only took 15 meaning less than 5% of apps. crazy. Have ya'll gotten interviews from other places?

Congratulations! I've gotten guaranteed funding from Ohio State with a fellowship and full funding from U of Wisconsin Madison. I've unofficially heard I'm in at U of Washington after i had a phone interview (though they didnt call it an interview) - though I have yet to get the official word and news about getting a financial package. Still waiting on the other Annenberg.

PhD comm @ UIUC and Amherst here. Do you know when they usually start sending out decisions? Have you heard anything about interviews?

Btw congrats to those of you who've been accepted! It must feel great!

Congrats on the acceptances! UPenn, Ohio State, and Wisconsin are really great programs. I found out last week I was admitted to Cornell's PhD program. Really excited about that. And copperboom, I believe Cornell evaluates the PhD apps first, then move to the M.S apps...so, I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard from them yet.

Gramo;

Thanks. Yes, i am waiting, and anxiously.

I am very nervous. Congrats on your acceptance to Cornell. Must feel nice to be accepted. So happy for you.

Yes I am waiting. Very nervous.

Did you have MA or MS degree before you applied to Cornell PhD?

Hi all,

A friend of mine here just completing an MA has an interview at Syracuse this weekend and had a phone interview with Missouri this week. She was accepted w/funding at Minnesota and isn't using this forum so I thought I'd fill you in.

Best of luck,

StudyMom

Hi, I have a question. I received an email from a grad coordinator saying that they want to consider me for a doctoral fellowship. They didn't mention anything about being admitted, they just had me send in additional materials. Does this mean I've been accepted, or do you think my admission is contingent on whether I get the fellowship?