Trudeau 2019

Adelaide9216

17 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Good luck to you too!

It's kinda sad that each university can only send 4 files as opposed to 8 like in the past. :( 

Yeah I guess the Trudeau Foundation wanted to review fewer files so they are asking the universities to be more selective... :(

8 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

My application file is now complete. I did not submit it yet, I am waiting to submit a first-author article that's almost done tomorrow if possible...and then I am going to submit my application before Friday.

EDIT : Application submitted tonight. 

So my uni told me that approximately 20 people apply to this scholarship at their institution So I have 1 chance out of 5 or out of 4 (approx.) to be selected...fingers crossed. I'll only know around Feb 20 if I made the cut or not. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, ttwi said:

My university nominated me for the Trudeau.  Does anyone have a sense of how the timeline will work this spring?  Semi-finalist and finalist notifications, interviews, decisions, etc.?

Next step are interviews only this year.

52 minutes ago, ttwi said:

My university nominated me for the Trudeau.  Does anyone have a sense of how the timeline will work this spring?  Semi-finalist and finalist notifications, interviews, decisions, etc.?

Congratulations @ttwi! The timeline is found on this website at "2019 competition key dates": http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/scholarships/become-scholar 

14 minutes ago, high_hopes said:

Congratulations @ttwi! The timeline is found on this website at "2019 competition key dates": http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/scholarships/become-scholar 

Thanks so much, @Adelaide9216 and @high_hopes. I saw that the website mentions only interviews with finalists in Montréal in spring 2019, whereas previous years had a more detailed schedule, so was wondering about the interim steps. Helpful to know that it might be interviews only - presumably in March or April?

Edited by ttwi

38 minutes ago, ttwi said:

Thanks so much, @Adelaide9216 and @high_hopes. I saw that the website mentions only interviews with finalists in Montréal in spring 2019, whereas previous years had a more detailed schedule, so was wondering about the interim steps. Helpful to know that it might be interviews only - presumably in March or April?

I remember that in previous years, interviews were around mid-March. But maybe the timeline changed this year.

Anyways, congrats!!!! it's an amazing accomplishment to have made it this far. If you get the award, you need to help me when I re-apply next year hahahaha :P

On 2/26/2019 at 10:57 AM, Adelaide9216 said:

I remember that in previous years, interviews were around mid-March. But maybe the timeline changed this year.

Anyways, congrats!!!! it's an amazing accomplishment to have made it this far. If you get the award, you need to help me when I re-apply next year hahahaha :P

Haha deal! Still pretty against the odds, but will keep you posted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 1:41 PM, ttwi said:

Haha deal! Still pretty against the odds, but will keep you posted.

Hi @ttwi have you heard any news? Or anyone else? I was also shortlisted by my university and am anxiously wondering if any news will be forthcoming. It is now the first day of spring so time for the interviews!

3 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Congrats to @high_hopes and @ttwi for making it this far! I did not get selected this year by my university, but I plan to re-apply next year. Keep us posted on the interview process, I'd love to hear more from you both. Congrats again :)

Thanks! Let's hope that we (or someone else visiting this board) will have something to share regarding the interview process and that we don't get screened out beforehand! :) 

3 minutes ago, laa531 said:

I've been reading this board and finally decided to join. I also got forwarded for Trudeau. Hopefully we all hear soon about the interviews - although honestly I am terrified of that whole process! I wonder how many they will interview with the condensed schedule this year. 

Good luck! 

5 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Congrats to @high_hopes and @ttwi for making it this far! I did not get selected this year by my university, but I plan to re-apply next year. Keep us posted on the interview process, I'd love to hear more from you both. Congrats again :)

No word yet; I expect we'll have an update within the next couple of weeks since the award notifications are about a month away.  Grateful to hear any news as it comes!

1 hour ago, Minou said:

People selected for interviews were notified a couple of days ago. Best of luck next year to those who didn't make it this times around.

Thanks for the intel, @Minou! There's a personal silver lining: now I can (read: have to) finish my doctorate quickly!