Hi all-- I'm currently working on my application for a Biological and Biomedical Sciences PhD program, and was wondering...What are the best resources for getting help writing a Statement of Purpose? I've already written my Statement, but am looking for feedback and ways to make it better. Any suggestions would be helpful. (I looked into paid editing services already, but was told that most schools don't allow this, or discourage applicants from using these services.) Thank you for your help.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 9:37 AM, AGladd said:

Hi all-- I'm currently working on my application for a Biological and Biomedical Sciences PhD program, and was wondering...What are the best resources for getting help writing a Statement of Purpose? I've already written my Statement, but am looking for feedback and ways to make it better. Any suggestions would be helpful. (I looked into paid editing services already, but was told that most schools don't allow this, or discourage applicants from using these services.) Thank you for your help.

You should look up Donald Ascher's , Graduate Admission Essays! I found this to be an extremely helpful aid and definitely worth the investment. It helps to go through the book in its entirety and write down as and when needed. I used this as a guide for grad school applications-----7/7 admits in highly ranked universities.