Retake GRE and Timing?

sassyyetclassy

Hi all!

I was wondering if you all think based upon this I should retake the GRE and when I should retake it. I am planning on applying to counseling psychology phd programs and some clinical psychology psyds.

The first time, I got 158V (80th percentile), 152Q (46th percentile), and 5W (92nd percentile). The quantitative score is what I am most worried about because it is below 50th percentile.

I am thinking of retaking it in October, but am wondering whether it is worth it to pay $200 again to retake it.

Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, sassyyetclassy said:

Hi all!

I was wondering if you all think based upon this I should retake the GRE and when I should retake it. I am planning on applying to counseling psychology phd programs and some clinical psychology psyds.

The first time, I got 158V (80th percentile), 152Q (46th percentile), and 5W (92nd percentile). The quantitative score is what I am most worried about because it is below 50th percentile.

I am thinking of retaking it in October, but am wondering whether it is worth it to pay $200 again to retake it.

Thank you in advance!

Hmmmm. I feel like it could be okay depending on what the rest of your application looks like.

1 hour ago, ResilientDreams said:

Hmmmm. I feel like it could be okay depending on what the rest of your application looks like.

Yes it’s so conflicting because people keep telling me as long as the sum is 310, then I am fine but I still am second guessing myself.

My gpa is ok but not great (3.86). I have some non research related conference presentations (they were a part of my internships) and 2 years of experience in 2 different research labs but they were both with graduate students and not faculty.