Who hasn't gotten accepted anywhere yet?

martizzle

I'm wait listed at two programs with no acceptances. I emailed both programs about a week and a half ago to see if I could get some kind of status update but neither has responded. Starting to feel tiny. I know there are only 16 days left until D-day--chances seem to get slimmer with the passage of every day.

I'm wait listed at two programs with no acceptances. I emailed both programs about a week and a half ago to see if I could get some kind of status update but neither has responded. Starting to feel tiny. I know there are only 16 days left until D-day--chances seem to get slimmer with the passage of every day.

I feel your pain! I feel like I am worth nothing! I hope our luck gets better...

Finally got accepted somewhere. Not my dream school but a great opportunity and after all the rejections I've been getting, I'll gladly take it. Keep up hope everyone still waiting, I thought all hope was lost but somehow I got in.

Hey! Congratulations! You're going to grad school! smile.gif

Still have yet to even hear from any of my schools; and I'm feeling bummed because according to the results search, one of the schools (and my top choice) started emailing people acceptances today! :(

C'mon! Hang in there! wink.gif

C'mon! Hang in there! wink.gif

I know, maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but it seems that they already emailed EVERYONE who got accepted. BUT on the bright side--I still didn't receive a rejection. lol

Daniela, I think we should start a club of sorts. :)

In one of the programs i have applied to, ppl have gotten results/admits a month back also. I mailed them yesterday and they said that a decision wasn't reached on my application yet.

I'm running out of patience and am thinking of putting planB into action soon.

Edited by ORhopeful

@ ORhopeful: I am actually waiting on Cornell M.Eng ORIE too. I applied for the PhD, got rejected; but in the rejection email, they asked if i want them to consider my app for M.Eng. It would be really cool if we both got in :) we would have stories to tell (I'm usually shy, so this would give me 1 topic; i would probably find a way to keep it going for like 6mnths lol)

@ daniela: good luck to u...hang in there

@ ootg: i really do appreciate d help/support u give us...i see your posts on other topics, and im sure im not alone in saying - thnx, good luck/wish u d best

@ myself: i need to get 20+ posts to make it to 200 by end of tomorrow - i've got to beat ootg on the march top 10 posters :)

Edited by martizzle

Daniela, I think we should start a club of sorts. :)

In one of the programs i have applied to, ppl have gotten results/admits a month back also. I mailed them yesterday and they said that a decision wasn't reached on my application yet.

I'm running out of patience and am thinking of putting planB into action soon.

Haha yes I agree! I am giving myself an ulcer. I need to come up with a Plan B now! TOo bad I am too chicken to call the schools... one of them sent out an email in February specifically saying "Due to a large number of applicants for this program we ask that applicants DO NOT CALL US REGARDING APPLICATION DECISIONS!" lol So it's probably not a good idea to call anyways!

@ ootg: i really do appreciate d help/support u give us...i see your posts on other topics, and im sure im not alone in saying - thnx, good luck/wish u d best

Thank you very much, martizzle! smile.gif

@ myself: i need to get 20+ posts to make it to 200 by end of tomorrow - i've got to beat ootg on the march top 10 posters :)

Catch me if you can! wink.gif

ps happi (idk..early) b.day to ootg & the april birthday people. mine was last friday; gradcafe didnt post it :(

A belated happy birthday to you, martizzle! smile.gif

Aries of the world unite! tongue.gif

Haha yes I agree! I am giving myself an ulcer. I need to come up with a Plan B now! TOo bad I am too chicken to call the schools... one of them sent out an email in February specifically saying "Due to a large number of applicants for this program we ask that applicants DO NOT CALL US REGARDING APPLICATION DECISIONS!" lol So it's probably not a good idea to call anyways!

Daniela, I would suggest finding something to do that will keep your mind off the applications. cool.gif

Daniela, I would suggest finding something to do that will keep your mind off the applications. cool.gif

Haha I agree... I spent the whole day today in the city (I live in New York) just doing some retail therapy. Too bad the second I came home, the first thing I did was habitual check of the results search and the school's application websites. lol

and you are such a cheat! copycat too lol i saw what you did

martizzle, you can take it that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... tongue.gif

And let not the pot call the kettle black!cool.gif

I've gotten 4 rejections ranging from my top choice to my last choice school. I'm still waiting on 2, but I'm not optimistic. I've already started studying to retake my GRE Subjects and started research for a new writing sample .... I guess it's gonna be all about Fall 2011 for me.

I've gotten 4 rejections ranging from my top choice to my last choice school. I'm still waiting on 2, but I'm not optimistic. I've already started studying to retake my GRE Subjects and started research for a new writing sample .... I guess it's gonna be all about Fall 2011 for me.

All the best, EliotsProtege! smile.gif

yeah, i think it was my SOP that brought me such bad luck :( sucks...good luck, u never know any or both schools may just accept you :) i'm rooting for you :)