Who hasn't gotten accepted anywhere yet?

martizzle

Well, I just got an acceptance email! I just can't believe it.. I'm shaking. I had convinced myself that I wasn't going to get in anywhere and it's to one of my top schools.

Good luck to everyone else! I hope all of your dreams will come true!

Well, I just got an acceptance email! I just can't believe it.. I'm shaking. I had convinced myself that I wasn't going to get in anywhere and it's to one of my top schools.

congrats pizzapie :) enjoy it! after all the waiting, stressful thinking/worrying, biting of finger nails & lips...you got it!

Just got my latest rejection through the system. Not surprised, and at least they were very polite.

I'm sorry. Rejections suck. I still have 4 that should be delivered to my door any day now (in Clinical Psych if you don't interview, you can assume rejection but I also sent emails to professors who confirmed it).

Congratulations, pizzapie! Happy for you!

that sucks ootg... :( was that columbia? is that the last? whats the plan now? (forgive my forwardness)

Martizzle, it was Columbia, but it is not the last. Frankly, I am not expecting anything, so I guess I'm just waiting for confirmation to get a permanent job.

I'm sorry. Rejections suck. I still have 4 that should be delivered to my door any day now (in Clinical Psych if you don't interview, you can assume rejection but I also sent emails to professors who confirmed it).

Rejections do suck, but I'm getting used to them. blink.gif

At least I am making some money at the moment that is making up for what I forked out for my MBA.

All the best, hamster!

Hello,

I'm glad to know other people are in the same position as me, and congratulations to those of you who finally received offers! I applied to 6 schools for an English literature M.A. program (5 in Canada) and so far have been rejected from 2 and no word on the last 4. My husband is in the same situation -- we applied to the same schools, same program, and have received the same rejects. I'm not too optimistic about the final results, but I'm anxious to get any information.

I have a quick question. If the deadline for accepting an offer in the US is April 15th, and most of the Canadian schools say they'll get back to you before April 30th, what would I do if I get accepted to the one American school but then didn't hear back from the Canadian ones until way later?

All the best, Clawsworth and your husband. Hopefully, you will both get in somewhere together! smile.gif

yeah same here - hope it works out for u guys :)

I have a quick question. If the deadline for accepting an offer in the US is April 15th, and most of the Canadian schools say they'll get back to you before April 30th, what would I do if I get accepted to the one American school but then didn't hear back from the Canadian ones until way later?

i would say that on the safe side, if a school accepts you in the US; contact the schools in Canada and tell them. If they can't let you know the deal prior 15th, then they aren't your best choice...idk, its up to you.

I agree with martizzle that you should let the Canadian schools know about your position, and see what they can do. If they don't budge, then it tells you something about them. All the best!

Sometimes it makes me think how worthwhile it is to call up the grad coordinators regarding the application. I have a couple of them act as though they work for the CIA or some secret organization shrouded in secrecy!!!

"We cannot give any information regarding your application...You will be notified via our HIGH grade ENCRYPTED e-mail if an admission decision has been rendered to your application" lol

In spite of it all, with my curiosity getting the better of me...I'm gonna call the schools yet again, for the nth time asking about my application!I really hope there I get something positive out of it. Fingers Crossed!

Thank you all for your advice, I'll call them if the US school gets back to me first.

Lousy Test taker, like you, I've been really tempted to call up the grad coordinators. I fear that I'll mess up over the phone and that it'll reflect negatively on my application (I'm not good with phones). If they really don't tend to give out any information, I'll just try to wait it out.

Good luck everyone... fingers crossed!

I'm glad to see that many of you who have been waiting recently received acceptances! I found out I was admitted to my program when I randomly checked the website on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I checked Friday evening and no dice, so it was an unexpected surprise (I felt sure I would not hear anything until today or tomorrow since they told me the rest of the decisions were going out by the beginning of this week). Best of luck to those still waiting!

Finally got accepted somewhere. Not my dream school but a great opportunity and after all the rejections I've been getting, I'll gladly take it. Keep up hope everyone still waiting, I thought all hope was lost but somehow I got in.

Thank you all for your advice, I'll call them if the US school gets back to me first.

Lousy Test taker, like you, I've been really tempted to call up the grad coordinators. I fear that I'll mess up over the phone and that it'll reflect negatively on my application (I'm not good with phones). If they really don't tend to give out any information, I'll just try to wait it out.

Good luck everyone... fingers crossed!

good luck to u too....im not so good with phones either (and im a tech geek!)

I'm glad to see that many of you who have been waiting recently received acceptances! I found out I was admitted to my program when I randomly checked the website on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I checked Friday evening and no dice, so it was an unexpected surprise (I felt sure I would not hear anything until today or tomorrow since they told me the rest of the decisions were going out by the beginning of this week). Best of luck to those still waiting!

thts crazy...an acceptance on a sat this late...congrats :)

Finally got accepted somewhere. Not my dream school but a great opportunity and after all the rejections I've been getting, I'll gladly take it. Keep up hope everyone still waiting, I thought all hope was lost but somehow I got in.

congrats man (/woman/computer AI/terminator robot... lol)

Still have yet to even hear from any of my schools; and I'm feeling bummed because according to the results search, one of the schools (and my top choice) started emailing people acceptances today! :(