Which MLIS programs are strongest for law librarianship?

MettaSutta

On 9/13/2018 at 7:24 PM, Boolakanaka said:

U of Washington-Seattle.

U Texas-Austin

UNC

In that order...

Thanks.  Wish I could claim in-state tuition in any of those schools, but alas.  :(

On 9/15/2018 at 12:57 PM, Boolakanaka said:

If you were a resident of a Western state you could participate in the WICHE program —it’s a program that allows you to have a discounted tuition and set aside seats for degrees not offered in yiur state.

Ahh, unfortunately I'm in PA.  Hopefully Pitt is somewhat decent for law librarianship? That's the only public school in PA with an MLIS program I think. 

Edited by Bodhicaryavatara

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I am finishing my MLIS and then getting the JD so the opposite of you. From what I understand, it doesn't really matter where you get your MLIS. So I would choose which school you like best and can afford. I will be getting my MLIS from Simmons with a concentration in Archiving in Spring 2019. If you have other questions, let me know. I might have to poke you about JD degrees!

Good luck!

Elizabeth

• 3 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, ElizabethIsGolden said:

Hi!

I am finishing my MLIS and then getting the JD so the opposite of you. From what I understand, it doesn't really matter where you get your MLIS. So I would choose which school you like best and can afford. I will be getting my MLIS from Simmons with a concentration in Archiving in Spring 2019. If you have other questions, let me know. I might have to poke you about JD degrees!

Good luck!

Elizabeth

Will be shooting you a PM!