NYU Distance program.. thoughts?

Ejt5100

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 1:38 PM, Ejt5100 said:

I am thinking about applying to NYU's distance program. Any current students willing to share thoughts of the program and stats? 

DM if you'd prefer :)

I was accepted to this program but declined.  One thing to note that many people don't realize is that even though the classes are online, it's not the type of online where you can log on at whatever time you want.  You have to attend the online "live" sessions at specific times during the week.  Just thought I'd mention this but hopefully other people who are in the program can weigh in and provide more info for you! 

I'm not a current student but I follow a few SLPs on instagram that have attended the program and they all speak highly of it and loved the program. I considered applying but the tuition is $82,848. You also have to attend 2 immersions in NYC so that tuition price does not include the price of your flight, food, transportation(subway/taxi/uber) and stay(hotel, air b&b etc), and NYC is not cheap. I feel like for that price tag, I'd rather apply to other distance programs which are a bit cheaper or just go to a school out of state. Also its a huge turn off that the classes are "live". There are a lot of other distance programs to consider so just weigh your options. I've done my research and this school is one of the most expensive distance programs. If money isn't an issue then I'm sure it's an amazing program.