MLIS Application Cycle for Fall 2019

MettaSutta

On 3/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, Starling17 said:

I was fully accepted into Arizona’s program last week.  Have you conformed that the graduate program received your official transcripts.  They didn’t get mine and I ended up having to send them again and I got my acceptance 2 days later.  No news on financial aid just yet though.   

Hi I was accepted! 

Edited by SunshineCleaning
Personal

13 hours ago, SunshineCleaning said:

Hi I was accepted! 

Yay!!! I’m still not so patiently waiting on financial aid but I have gone though and picked my classes! 

I applied to Syracuse, Pitt & Simmons, in that order. Chose them because they were well ranked, in the NE & didn't require the GRE (as a recent grad & my GPA well over a 3.0). I was accepted to all 3. Didn't receive merit scholarships at Simmons. I was selected for 2 separate scholarships at Syracuse, both covering 50% tuition & 20 work hours as a graduate assistant. I was selected for 4 different scholarships at Pitt but am interviewing for a fellowship in the next few days as well. Money isn't everything and I have yet to visit, but if all goes well & nothing is alarmingly wrong or lacking in their program then I will likely choose Pitt.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:08 AM, Starling17 said:

Yay!!! I’m still not so patiently waiting on financial aid but I have gone though and picked my classes! 

I know tell me about it! I tried calling but didn’t get far. I just got an email we should hear back by the end of the week. I surely hope so!  I was also offered admission to U of WA and already got my financial loan info back. 

Now I have to choose and it’s been tough. Are you in-state for U of AZ? I’m not sure if I’m calculating the tuition correctly. Wondering what you got as a tuition total. I figured it would be on the financial aid letter (hopefully). But I’m impatiently waiting for that too.

Edited by SunshineCleaning

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I applied for the Fall cohort at the University of Denver about two weeks ago. My worry is that I had a difficult time in undergrad because I worked full-time, and my GPA suffered as a result. I graduated with a 2.98 and the minimum for acceptance is a 3.0. I'm hopeful that they'll admit me for the fact that I worked for two years in the university library while I was in school, and I was promoted in title and to work on special projects while employed there as well. I believe my letters of recommendation were excellent, and I tried to be honest and forthcoming in my SoP and Diversity Statement. 

I knew I should have taken the GRE before I applied, but I really couldn't afford to take it without the partial fee waiver. I may just have to push my timeline out further. Is two weeks a reasonable amount of time to wait for a non-rolling admissions program? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, jaymay424 said:

Where is everyone applying? I'm doing UMich, Rutgers and Chapel Hill in the US, maybe Queens College if the first three don't pan out. I'm also applying to some programs in the UK as well. I'm applying from abroad so I'm super nervous about the process. Also anyone else petrified of the GRE? Taking it Thursday and the math is definitely freaking me out. 

Did you end up getting into Rutgers?

On 4/15/2019 at 7:06 AM, jaymay424 said:

I think I've made my decision, going to UWash online! I just decided at the end of the day I'm going to school to learn so I should pick the program in my budget with the most classes I'm interested in.

Congrats!  I wish their Law LIbrarian program was offered online, but alas.