PHD APPLICATION BUDDY

sisilagos

Im applying from singapore! Are you a nigerian prince? (Is it too soon to make this joke? Hehe) fortunately for me, my degree is from an american  university so i dont have to go through some of the processes. Have you emailed your pois (if your field calls for it?) And done with gres, toefl etc? My deadlines are nov 15, dec 1 and jan 15!

16 hours ago, sisilagos said:

Lol, prince my foot!

Lucky you, you get to have many steps waived.

Yes, I'm done with GRE, no need for toefl as my MSc was from the UK

Have you taken a stab at your personal statement?

Dammit, was hoping you could be my best friend and we could balling on yatches tearing it up hahahahah. Which field are you applying to btw? How'd your gres go? and yeah i'm almost done with my SOP for 1 school. I'll be using that as the base template and tweaking a para or 2 to cater to the faculty/prog of the other schools i intend on applying to. I'm involving my recommendation writers/advisors a lot this time. got a list of about 20odd schools and asked them for advice wrt which schools they think will be a good fit for me/i'll be a good fit for and also gonna send them my SOPs when I'm done. OH, protip I got from one of the faculty I emailed, try summarize write your research interests and the faculty you're interested in working with way early in the SOP (like para 1 or 2) and bold their last names. Cos sometimes the grad committee skims through and misses names in a great wall of text. Oh and if your deadline is nov 15, try to submit all applications by nov 1st. with our non-western name, the committee tends to have trouble matching out applications materials up. this gives you time to resend things if you have to. and feel free to send me your SOP man, glad to have a look. :)

Any other international applicant? Holla at yo bois

Hey hey! I am also an international applicant, from Brazil. I recently got my transcript evaluation done by WES and also got my toefl scores. It will be nice to help each other out! :)

What programs are you applying to?

3 hours ago, dbrjpp said:

Hey hey! I am also an international applicant, from Brazil. I recently got my transcript evaluation done by WES and also got my toefl scores. It will be nice to help each other out! :)

What programs are you applying to?

Congratulations on applying to this prestigious fraternity of international applicants. We would like to extend our warmest welcome to you! ;) My interests are in emotions and psychopathology. Most of the progs I'm applying to fall under social psych though some progs have affective science as a research area. I see you're applying to cancer biology?

How were your GREs? Did you need take the subject test? And how is your SOP comin along? I'll be happy to give your materials a look if you'd like :)