Urban Planning/Studies Programs

Anyone else out there going into this field? I've applied to the Master's of Urban Planning at Harvard, MIT, and Texas A&M and the Urban Studies Master's at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver BC. I have yet to hear from any of these programs but deliberations are just starting next week at Harvard and MIT and SFU and A&M's dealines aren't until March 1st...

Thanks for starting this thread!

I applied to the Ph.D. programs at Berkeley and MIT.

I noticed someone posted today that he/she received calls from MIT about his/her application. I haven't received any calls. :( Maybe it's based on program group? I hope so.

Good luck to everyone!

You've already heard from TAMU? I just sent my application in last week....hmm. Out of curiosity, had you contacted any of the faculty personally there or did you just submit an application?

i apply for master...they sent me an email to notify me of the admission...i asked them whether they offered fiancial aid, they said TA or RA not likely, but a scholarship to bring my tuition down was more likely...but i won't go without an TA or RA, since I've received full financial support from NUS(singapore)...so...

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious...has anyone here heard from UNC-CH - especially about the PhD programme? I'm assuming that no word means rejection since they advertised that notifications would go out after 9 Feb. But, I haven't seen anyone post a result so far.

I wouldn't be entirely disappointed with rejection since I have an excellent offer in hand and it would make a difficult decision exceedingly simple. However, it would be nice to have some resolution. Especially since the application deadline was 1 December.

I applied to UNC's Geography program and was assured that the chances of my acceptance are slim due to their 7% acceptance rate...

I would email their secretary and ask whether or not final decisions have been made.

Oh, and I hear from Simon Fraser and A&M next week. Wish me luck! :)

I noticed on the results search that some of the MIT Ph.D. student have been accepted. Would you guys mind sharing the details? I assume the Master's applicants have to wait until the third week of March as the webpage indicates...I think I'll bald at an early age because of this process...

• 11 months later...

I have applied to MIT YALE Harvard and UT Austin, Cornel, Notre Dame.

I do not hear from any of them.

What do u think of Univ of Notre Dame, what about its architecture MArch program.

Actually I have no idea about it, I applied cuz one of my friend did and I know it will be full funding there.

:D:D:D

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have applied for a Masters at Queens, Toronto, Concordia, McGill, Dalhousie. I have not heard from any of them except for Queens. Please let me know if you have...

• 7 months later...