2019 Acting MFAs

TheKingLives

3 hours ago, drumbeat808 said:

Hi there- dropping by since it's officially URTA offer day. Post as you start to receive offers so we can all freak out together! Who have people heard from so far? 

So far I've heard from LSU & Guildford 

Congrats! Both a great schools. Which one are you leaning toward to? 

On 2/8/2019 at 11:55 AM, LilBer said:

I'm also dropping in here! Auditioned at URTAs. Have conversations going with UCI, CWR/CPH, UofW, FSU, and UMKC.

Hi LilBer! That’s great! I auditioned privately with CWRU/ CPH and they said they do not typically require a callback. Is that different when auditioning through the UTRAs though? What was their response to you if I may ask? Best of luck with all the schools you applied to!! :) 

I've received an offer from Northwestern.  Just waiting on Brown, USD, and UNC CH.  Having Northwestern in my pocket has relieved a lot of the stress of waiting, I have to say.  I would be totally thrilled to be in the inaugural class of what looks like it will be a great program, so whatever happens from here on out is just gravy.  I've actually been thinking about how much easier my life would be if I were rejected everywhere else.  I'm tired of agonizing over decisions.

Hi all.

I am waiting on potential callback weekend news from NYU (waiting is hard -- has anyone heard ANYTHING?). I also got an end-of-hour callback at Yale, but was not invited to end-of-day interviewing. Still a win to make it down to the final four of the day (only one person moved on to that interview). 

7 hours ago, LittleSarah said:

Hi LilBer! That’s great! I auditioned privately with CWRU/ CPH and they said they do not typically require a callback. Is that different when auditioning through the UTRAs though? What was their response to you if I may ask? Best of luck with all the schools you applied to!! :) 

Thank you! This was the first year they auditioned through URTAs, so I'm assuming they handle the same way they do for private auditions. They emailed me later in the week saying they were still interested in me, and they emailed me again a week later asking for a video with monologues + song. I sent that video late last week. Now I'm just playing the waiting game. 

6 hours ago, drumbeat808 said:

Congrats LilBer! FSU is awesome. Have you heard from UMKC at all yet? 

Thank you! The only thing I heard recently from UMKC was asking me if I was interested in their program. And although it peeked my interest at first, alas I do not think UMKC is the program for me. 

Does anyone have any advice on mentioning acceptances to other schools? FSU is a great back up but I have two schools in front of it. One of them I am heading to a callback for this weekend. Technically I have three weeks before I have to give an acceptance to FSU, but I'm not sure when or how I should reach out to other schools. 

Edited by LilBer

3 hours ago, LilBer said:

Thank you! This was the first year they auditioned through URTAs, so I'm assuming they handle the same way they do for private auditions. They emailed me later in the week saying they were still interested in me, and they emailed me again a week later asking for a video with monologues + song. I sent that video late last week. Now I'm just playing the waiting game. 

Thank you! The only thing I heard recently from UMKC was asking me if I was interested in their program. And although it peeked my interest at first, alas I do not think UMKC is the program for me. 

Does anyone have any advice on mentioning acceptances to other schools? FSU is a great back up but I have two schools in front of it. One of them I am heading to a callback for this weekend. Technically I have three weeks before I have to give an acceptance to FSU, but I'm not sure when or how I should reach out to other schools. 

Thanks for sharing! Monologues and a song are what they asked for at my CWRU/CPH audition as well, so yeah sounds like much the same deal. I have never done UTRAS so I wasn’t sure how they worked. Did you see the director in person at your audition or was the video for him? Just curious as this is my first time auditioning for any MFA programs so the process is all new to me! Thank you again and crossing fingers for us both!! ???

17 hours ago, LittleSarah said:

Thanks for sharing! Monologues and a song are what they asked for at my CWRU/CPH audition as well, so yeah sounds like much the same deal. I have never done UTRAS so I wasn’t sure how they worked. Did you see the director in person at your audition or was the video for him? Just curious as this is my first time auditioning for any MFA programs so the process is all new to me! Thank you again and crossing fingers for us both!! ???

Donald Carrier and the artistic director of CPH was there. The auditions were limited to 15 minutes per so I'm guessing that's why they asked for the video. 

So this year was my third go round at MFA auditions! 

I can get into my story much later but this year I applied to NYU, YALE, Columbia, Brown and DePaul University 

Made it to end of day at all the schools except Yale ( Lol) 

I heard back from Columbia about a week ago for callback weekend.

And now i'm waiting for Brown, NYU &  DePaul.

I'll keep y'all updated okay please keep updating this post. 

Good luck everyone