Anyone applying to Media Lab?

civitas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 10:56 PM, ms_owl said:

Has anyone heard back/scheduled an interview? (I have not ?)

Not yet. My portfolio website has never been visited. Seems that they were busy interviewing Ph. D. applicants..

On 12/16/2018 at 10:56 PM, ms_owl said:

Has anyone heard back/scheduled an interview? (I have not ?)

May I ask what group are you applying to?

Mine: Lifelong Kindergarten; Fluid Interfaces; Viral Communication. Perfectly match my previous projects!

21 hours ago, civitas said:

May I ask what group are you applying to?

Mine: Lifelong Kindergarten; Fluid Interfaces; Viral Communication. Perfectly match my previous projects!

Hi civitas, thanks for your response!

My portfolio site hasn't received any visits from them either. I have applied to: Opera of the Future, Poetic Justice (it's a new group), and Responsive Environments. By PhD applicants, do you mean internal candidates or those who chose their final degree objective as PhD (I chose mine as Master of Science, I don't know if that matters a lot in the application process).

Good luck!

On 12/20/2018 at 11:31 PM, ms_owl said:

Hi civitas, thanks for your response!

My portfolio site hasn't received any visits from them either. I have applied to: Opera of the Future, Poetic Justice (it's a new group), and Responsive Environments. By PhD applicants, do you mean internal candidates or those who chose their final degree objective as PhD (I chose mine as Master of Science, I don't know if that matters a lot in the application process).

Good luck!

Yes, they only took internal applicants for PhD program. The interview process for them seems to be quite different, however, I mistook the meaning in gradcafe's results page. We as external applicants cannot directly apply to PhD. I didn't notice the Poetic Justice group, and unluckily, I found it also matched my interests. Good luck to you!

4 minutes ago, civitas said:

Did you receive visits to your portfolio?

I didn't even add google analytics to my site cauz I think it's only gonna make me panic. Also the ones I applied to aren't really asking for a portfolio even though I have one myself.

Edited by zjh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 3:25 AM, idlidosa said:

I applied to lifelong kindergarten, opera of the future and responsive environments. My portfolio has also not been visited. 

Do you have portfolio visits these days? I also applied to Lifelong Kindergarten; nothing happened till now.