• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long is your Resume?

14 hours ago, worldleader2018 said:

I understand the quant resume length can vary, but what about your professional resume?

Can this be longer than one page or should we really strive to be at one page? I have about five years of experience plus college internships..trying to get an idea of what to keep and what not to keep 

I have 15 years of experience with a Masters degree and my professional resume is 2.5 pages long.

For graduate school for 2019 potential entry (for mid-career Masters), my graduate resume application is 5 pages long.  My graduate school resume lists additional job duties of current/prior positions, leadership experience, received awards, publications, study abroad, and extra-curricular activities (during undergrad and post-undergrad /graduate school).

Hope this helps.

Edited by bness2002

I only have a BA + Graduate Cert + 7 years of experience, so I tended to be quite stringent on the "single page resume" for all rule. And, while I still stick to that rule if I'm applying for employment, I do not stick to it for grad admissions. All of my resumes for grad school have been 2+ pages, detailing leadership positions and extracurriculars that your run of the mill office job probably won't care about. 

Edited by kayemeh

• 5 weeks later...