Will GRE Quant score keep me out of M.P.H. programs?

Mandali245

I’m in the process of applying to three MPH programs: Emory, Georgia southern and university of Arizona for heath behaviors. I just took the GRE for the second time and I got a 151 V and 141 Q ? (quant this time around was the same as last). However my GPA was a 3.5 and I have some work experience. How bad will this horrible quant score affect me?? Or should I try for a third go around? 

Edited by Mandali245
Added another tag

• 2 weeks later...

The schools you picked aren't terribly competitive. Emory is the most competitive of those 3, and even then I don't think your GRE score will be the deciding factor for admission. Health behavior isn't a heavily quantitative field. I wouldn't bother taking them again this late in the application cycle.   

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2018 at 6:38 PM, Mandali245 said:

I’m in the process of applying to three MPH programs: Emory, Georgia southern and university of Arizona for heath behaviors. I just took the GRE for the second time and I got a 151 V and 141 Q ? (quant this time around was the same as last). However my GPA was a 3.5 and I have some work experience. How bad will this horrible quant score affect me?? Or should I try for a third go around? 

You should probably be fine. Don't take the GRE again this cycle