Quant GRE score sucks

I just sat for the GRE and received a 150 for verbal but a low score of 140 for quant. I'm freaking out because I don't feel my application is that strong without a great GRE score. My resume has a lot of work experience relating to the speech field, but not much of anything else. Also, my GPA was a 3.3 from undergrad. I'm afraid I won't get accepted into any schools. 

Also.. thoughts on LIU post? Should I apply? It looks like the only option that would even consider me as a candidate. This process has been dreadful!

It never hurts to apply. The worst case scenario is they say no and you put a stronger package together next time.

I guess I'm confused what you're asking. If you're trying to decide between not applying for fear of rejection or applying with your current package, I'd say apply. Most school sincerely do look at the "whole person" concept.

Are you applying for a masters degree or PhD?

Try to focus on strengthening your application where able: strong statements, good LoRs, etc.

Your verbal is good, so with a good personal statement I bet you could get in. I would apply to a lot of schools and to several in less populated parts of the country that might be less competitive. Good luck!  

Edited by Rezzy S.

A lot of school's want averages of like 300, yours isn't quite that but it's close? I had 142 as my Q and 160 as my V and I got in to NYU. Just depends on the program!