Recent Grad

wannab_speechie

Question

Hi there,

Last year I graduated and received a BA in Speech-Language Pathology and I also minored in Child and Adolescent Development. Unfortunately, I have a GPA lower than 2.5, mainly due to serious illnesses I experienced during my time at and also housing was an issue. Now looking back I should've taken the time off to get well properly but I just had that mentality that I could.  

As many of us in this field know that my GPA is unexceptional for most Grad programs so I was thinking of doing an SLPA program. I am curious if there is anybody out there who has a similar experience or knows someone. 

Since I've graduated I've been working currently, I am an RBT/ Lead BI at my job, and also completed an Assistive Technology program. Now getting better from an accident (another added to the list), I feel ready to endeavor again. 

So I am reaching out to anybody who has gotten to an SLPA program, Grad school and did it with a low GPA. 

Thank you for reading this

1 answer to this question

Hello! i can't speak to your questions myself, but if you check out the SLP forum you'll find plenty of people who can help you--or you can just read the numerous past threads on the same topic! In the main menu, scroll down to Professional Programs to find the SLP forum.