Environmental Management and Policy 2019

hammyc

Has anyone heard from Bren on funding yet? Do you think we'll expect something in the next two days? I'm on the verge of emailing them.

17 hours ago, hammyc said:

Has anyone heard from Bren on funding yet? Do you think we'll expect something in the next two days? I'm on the verge of emailing them.

I'm still waiting on Bren funding. Funny because they just sent an email reminding us to RSVP for admitted students day, but they haven't sent us funding info.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:38 PM, muellerm32 said:

Hey Guys - 

I am on the waitlist for Yale, I had applied mostly to Urban Planning Programs and have been accepted to many, but I kind of want to go up and check out Yale. Anyone else on the Yale waitlist? How are y'all feeling?

Michelle

Hey Michelle! I'm on the Yale waitlist too. And the wait is killing me!

On 3/24/2019 at 1:29 AM, radysun said:

Hey Michelle! I'm on the Yale waitlist too. And the wait is killing me!

Ah! Okay email professors and tell them it’s your top choice. I don’t think they have a ranking of their waitlist. So you could get bumped up. I met with Sean from admissions, but I’m not sure how the meeting went. 

@sara501 @hakunamatata1 I was poking around the UCSB Bren site and realized this: "If an applicant is selected for a Recruitment Fellowship, that person will be notified of this at the same time he or she is notified of admittance into the program."

Does this mean that we did not receive funding at all?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 2:46 AM, hammyc said:

@sara501 @hakunamatata1 I was poking around the UCSB Bren site and realized this: "If an applicant is selected for a Recruitment Fellowship, that person will be notified of this at the same time he or she is notified of admittance into the program."

Does this mean that we did not receive funding at all?

Yeah I saw that in the email they sent out as well, I suppose we didn't receive funding which really sucks.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:57 AM, sara501 said:

Yeah I saw that in the email they sent out as well, I suppose we didn't receive funding which really sucks.

Yeah it does suck. Now I have the difficult decision of UCSB Bren or Duke Nicholas. Cost of attendance is about the same for me. My heart tells me UCSB but my head tells me Duke. 

Where are you and everyone else going  this fall?

6 hours ago, hammyc said:

Yeah it does suck. Now I have the difficult decision of UCSB Bren or Duke Nicholas. Cost of attendance is about the same for me. My heart tells me UCSB but my head tells me Duke. 

Where are you and everyone else going  this fall?

I'm leaning towards Duke. They offered me 34k per year and I have a 6k AmeriCorps award so it makes it pretty reasonable. Paying full tuition and cost of living in Santa Barbara kinda scared me away. I also received admission to UC Irvine, but also no funding.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, sara501 said:

Where did everyone end up committing?

I chose Duke Nicholas! Where are you going?

Edited by hammyc

Hi everyone! Congratulations on all the offers y'all got! 

I was accepted by both Yale's International and Development Economics program and Yale FES MEM (off waitlist) yesterday. I already committed to the Econ program, and I could do a joint degree for MA in economics and MA in environmental management for 2.5 years. Does anyone here have insights on the joint degree program? My career interest lies in the intersection of sustainable economic development/sustainable finance/energy investment. Anything is helpful! 

And to those who are attending FES this fall, I'm looking forward to meeting you at Yale soon. :)