Jump to content

2019 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology Admissions Results


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, biophys123 said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from MIT CSB? I saw on the results page that some people have already heard back about interviews, and some have already been rejected. I have heard nothing (double-checked my spam folder), and just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear anything at all.

Still waiting as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they send out invitation one by one. Invitation letter was from the program director and cc'ed the student manager, which is kinda unlikely to be a mass email. My first and last names are both

Hey all, Thought it would be nice to have a thread for comp bio interviews/admissions apart from the general bio thread.     Programs I’m waiting to hear from: Harvard SysBio

It's probably difficult for you to tell, but did you get the sense that your invite was a mass email, or alternatively that they were still working their way down the list? Based on the results page,

 

59 minutes ago, biophys123 said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from MIT CSB? I saw on the results page that some people have already heard back about interviews, and some have already been rejected. I have heard nothing (double-checked my spam folder), and just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear anything at all.

42 minutes ago, Dr.Kong said:

Still waiting as well.

I'm also still waiting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, icerm4 said:

 

I'm also still waiting.

 

23 hours ago, Dr.Kong said:

Still waiting as well.

Saw a few more rejections roll in...guess they're slowly culling their final list. Best of luck to all of us to survive the purge :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 1:05 PM, skyw said:

Is there anyone heard back from BU about the open house arrangement?  Haven't heard anything since I respond, kinda worried

I also got a open house invitation. I asked them if they could offer me an alternative date or make it a zoom interview since it conflict with recruitment event of another institution. No reply to my email and no one is on the phone up to now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, balebalebale said:

I also got a open house invitation. I asked them if they could offer me an alternative date or make it a zoom interview since it conflict with recruitment event of another institution. No reply to my email and no one is on the phone up to now.

may be call the person? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

 

Harvard; Biostatistics/Bioinformatics (Interview 1/25-1/26)

Caltech; Biology/Computational (in-person interview 1/31-2/3) :)

MIT; CSB (Interview 2/8)

Princeton; QCB (Interview)

UW; Genome Sciences (Interview)

Boston University; Bioinformatics

UCLA; Bioinformatics (Interview)

UPenn; GCB (Interview)

Tri-Institutional; CompBio (Interview)

 John Hopkins; Biostatistics (special acceptance) 

Stanford; Computer Science 

UCSD; Bioinformatics (Interview)

CMU-Pitt Joint; CompBio (Acceptance)

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bound_to_love said:

Update:

 

Harvard; Biostatistics/Bioinformatics (Interview 1/25-1/26)

Caltech; Biology/Computational (in-person interview 1/31-2/3) :)

MIT; CSB (Interview 2/8)

Princeton; QCB (Interview)

UW; Genome Sciences (Interview)

Boston University; Bioinformatics

UCLA; Bioinformatics (Interview)

UPenn; GCB (Interview)

Tri-Institutional; CompBio (Interview)

 John Hopkins; Biostatistics (special acceptance) 

Stanford; Computer Science 

UCSD; Bioinformatics (Interview)

CMU-Pitt Joint; CompBio (Acceptance)

wow, this is just an amazing result. Big Cong!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 6:03 PM, Chickpeas_ said:

Does anyone know if a lack of response from UCB at this point means soft rejection? I assume it does, but would like to be sure before I make a different commitment.

I was in the same boat - I had to schedule various flights, but was waiting to hear back from UC Berkeley's comp bio program since it would impact my flight plans. In the end, I just emailed Kate Chase (the admin), explained my situation, and she responded to let me know that I had been rejected. If you email her, you may get an answer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, biobioplease said:

I was in the same boat - I had to schedule various flights, but was waiting to hear back from UC Berkeley's comp bio program since it would impact my flight plans. In the end, I just emailed Kate Chase (the admin), explained my situation, and she responded to let me know that I had been rejected. If you email her, you may get an answer!

Will do, thanks for the info.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know if at this point no news = implicit rejection from Princeton QCB and Harvard SysBio? Trying to decide if I should try to leverage my Fulbright semi-finalist standing.... probably not the greatest strategy, but if I have nothing to lose, maybe it’s worth a shot. Advice appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ClayR said:

Does anybody know if at this point no news = implicit rejection from Princeton QCB and Harvard SysBio? Trying to decide if I should try to leverage my Fulbright semi-finalist standing.... probably not the greatest strategy, but if I have nothing to lose, maybe it’s worth a shot. Advice appreciated. 

I'm in the same boat with Princeton QCB. Seconded -- any insight would be much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal opinion is that you should reach out to them with any updates. I think it's very likely that you won't be accepted if you haven't heard anything yet, but it's worth some kind of shot. I recently reached out to a handful of schools with a new publication, so I am following my own advice :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, biobioplease said:

My personal opinion is that you should reach out to them with any updates. I think it's very likely that you won't be accepted if you haven't heard anything yet, but it's worth some kind of shot. I recently reached out to a handful of schools with a new publication, so I am following my own advice :)

My PI recommended the same. Best of luck! Currently at my first interview :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.