If a school asks more information does that mean that they are seriously considering admitting you?

TheBunny

I got an e-mail from a professional, international relations Ph.D. program in Massachusetts, which asked my Fall 2018 transcript which also shows the classes that I will be taking for the Spring 2019 semester. I had checked their website before, and in the admission documents section, it did not say that they expect people to send their newest transcript. As the admission officer e-mailed to me and asked this document, does that mean that they are considering me seriously or is this a common procedure?  

I mean, it can't be a bad thing. There are basically a few cases here:

1. Worst case: They're asking for them from everybody, and just haven't updated their website in a while

2. You're a fringe case, and a strong last semester would help your case.

3. Your undergrad transcript doesn't give all the info they want about your academic background (possible because I think you were an international undergrad student), and they think they'll be able to understand more if they have that info.

4. They're seriously considering accepting you, but want more information.

We can't say it's good. But it's not bad.