Where are you going?

I am going to Cornell in the fall. The program is a good thematic match for me, and I very much liked the department when I visited.

I am sorry funding didn't come through for you, and I hope things go better next year. Hopefully everyone is happy with the decisions they are making.

I will be attending Hopkins next year - I'm very excited as it was my top choice, and the best intellectual fit for me. Apparently it's going to be a small class (waiting to hear how many others accepted offers). Sorry to hear about your funding - best of luck to all the others making decisions and looking forward to seeing you all at AAA etc

I will be at Purdue unless UPenn miraculously offers funding for an MA. Pretty excited! :) I may be taking a year off to move and get in-state tuition so we'll see how that goes.

I'll be at UPenn this fall. I got into half of the programs I applied for and it came down to University of Oklahoma vs. UPenn. It was actually a hard decision, since OU really has the best Native health focus in the country IMO, but in the end, UPenn is a much better fit for me overall and it has amazing resources.

It's going to be really hard leaving my current job though.

It's come down to USC (no funding for MA Anthro), U Penn (no funding for MA), SIUC (full funding), U of OK (still unsure if they will have funding), WKU and Brandeis (with partial funding and hopefully a TA position in the spring). At this point, I'm leaning towards Brandeis. U of OK, SIUC and Brandeis are flying me to do campus visits, so we'll see... B)

It's come down to USC (no funding for MA Anthro), U Penn (no funding for MA), SIUC (full funding), U of OK (still unsure if they will have funding), WKU and Brandeis (with partial funding and hopefully a TA position in the spring). At this point, I'm leaning towards Brandeis. U of OK, SIUC and Brandeis are flying me to do campus visits, so we'll see... B)

Yay! (not yay to the no funding parts) Keep the forum updated on your decision! Have fun on your visits :)

I just officially accepted my offer to University of Virginia- yay! They made me a very nice funding offer, and I think the department is a great fit for me overall. Plus, I'm a native East Coaster and am happy to be moving back there after 4 years in California.

Best of luck to all!

Hey guys! I think this is a fun thread, so we should keep it up. After the long mess of applications and decisions, its nice to hear that we made it to the other side alive. :)

Although I've already posted it elsewhere a trillion times, no harm in sharing that I am off to Emory in the fall and very, very happy with my decision!

Good luck to those still waiting or still tossing between options! To those folks that didn't have the most encouraging application season this year, keep your chin up!! You have time to make self discoveries that will open new doors to new opportunities that will revitalize you for the next round of applications! Who knows, a new experience might bring your research in a completely different direction and strengthen your application. This might sound like a lot of malarky right now, but that is precisely what happened to me... so its not bs, promise. :)

Congratulations to ALL, for being zany enough to put yourself out there!

Finally decided today (*relief*): I'll be joining the UC Berkeley/UCSF med anthro program, on the UCB side...

It took me a long time to decide, because UC Irvine was such a great option too and I was torn for a while. For people reapplying next year, if you have a good match with faculty, go for UCI, it's such a great place for anthropology right now! Very dynamic and innovative!

Good luck to everyone!

i'm off to northwestern smile.gif i got into 4 out of 9 schools i applied to... UCSD, NW, Boston, WIsc-Mad...but i had to eventually decide between UCSD and NW (both offered very attractive packages).

i know i'm starting to sound like a broken record now...but is there no one else on gradcafe (anthro) going to NW this fall?!

congrats to those of you who managed to get a place this year...otherwise, there's all next year to try again!

thank you everyone...reading about your musings, anxieties, excitement, joy really helped me to maintain my sanity for the past few months <3

Edited by aboxofcarrots

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to Rutgers' CITE program with full funding for five years. I'm ecstatic- I want to do political anthropology and I love the program. Also, it was the only acceptance I got! Yet it was my personal top choice. Strange how things work out.