CSDCAS GPA difference

Has anyone had the experience of their CSDCAS GPA being significantly lower than the GPA on transcripts? Do schools that use CSDCAS look at the original transcripts at all? I failed some non-college level math courses years ago and CSDCAS is counting them in my GPA calculations. I am worried that schools will throw out my applications without looking at them beyond this GPA.

A lot of the schools will look at  your last 60 credit hours to calculate your GPA.  I ended up having to take three summer courses and postponing my graduation date to get rid of classes from 14 years ago that pulled my GPA down using this criteria.  I am reapplying this year to grad school, but I'm still seeing my GPA being calculated will all college credits (from 16 years ago to now).  I ended up touching bases with admissions at the programs I applied with and double checked on their policy when calculating GPA, especially from CSDCAS.  Hope that helps

• 11 months later...

I'm nervous about this too. I graduated with my bachelor's from Arizona State with a 4.0, I finished my CSD prerequisites as a post-bacc with a 3.98, but my community college years are haunting me now (10+ years ago – back when I failed a PE class and got D's/retook math classes several times). CSDCAS shows my overall GPA as 3.51 now and I'm very upset.

3 hours ago, snaileywhaley said:

I'm nervous about this too. I graduated with my bachelor's from Arizona State with a 4.0, I finished my CSD prerequisites as a post-bacc with a 3.98, but my community college years are haunting me now (10+ years ago – back when I failed a PE class and got D's/retook math classes several times). CSDCAS shows my overall GPA as 3.51 now and I'm very upset.

I'm an undergrad at SXU right now and honestly your GRE is amazing I don't think you'll have issues getting into SXU, NIU, or Midwestern. I don't know much about the other schools though.

53 minutes ago, futurespeechpath1 said:

I'm an undergrad at SXU right now and honestly your GRE is amazing I don't think you'll have issues getting into SXU, NIU, or Midwestern. I don't know much about the other schools though.

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate that.