Is there life out there? Film app F19

TheDarkOne

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @TheDarkOne I applied to:

RISD (MFA Digital + Media) — I have a Skype interview scheduled for next week *fingers crossed*

VCU (Photography + Film)

Syracuse (MFA Art Video)

San Francisco State University (MFA Cinema)

American University (MFA Film & Media Arts) — I got accepted a week after applying

I’m mostly into experimental film and transmedia and found that these programs weren’t limiting in their mediums. Though, VCU and AU are more traditional programs with little to no permeability between departments. 

What schools did you apply to? Have you heard back form any?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 12:56 PM, rosch said:

Hey @TheDarkOne I applied to:

RISD (MFA Digital + Media) — I have a Skype interview scheduled for next week *fingers crossed*

VCU (Photography + Film)

Syracuse (MFA Art Video)

San Francisco State University (MFA Cinema)

American University (MFA Film & Media Arts) — I got accepted a week after applying

I’m mostly into experimental film and transmedia and found that these programs weren’t limiting in their mediums. Though, VCU and AU are more traditional programs with little to no permeability between departments. 

What schools did you apply to? Have you heard back form any?

Congrats on your acceptance! For my MFA I remember  that the acceptance came in late December, just after Christmas. This PhD thing seems a bit more stressful.

I'm waitlisted at San Diego for the PhD in Art History/Practice. From Berkeley (Film/Media studies) and Santa Cruz (Film/Digital Media), dead silence till now.