UNC MSW 2019

bswtomsw1

50 minutes ago, Breanna12595 said:

Congratulations!! I love that UNC looks at the complete application! When did you apply?

Me too! I’m definitely proof that they look holistically and not just at grades from when an applicant was a teenager. :) I submitted January 1, one of my letters of rec was delayed. 

12 hours ago, Sgk19 said:

My uncle and I found out that we both had a tumor in January 2017, unfortunately my uncles tumor was malignant and mine was not. My uncle passed away from Sarcoma in 2017. He was only 27, so more like a brother than uncle. And the suffering and resource barriers he went through peaked my interest in working with oncology patients. Now I would like to be a Pediatric Oncology Social Worker. It’s unfortunate what they have to go through.

I'm so sorry about your uncle and the experiences you had to go through! I'm sure your experience will help you to be an empathetic and knowledgeable Pediatric Oncology Social Worker-- what a great way to sublimate something so hard into making a positive change for others. All the best! 

43 minutes ago, natkay said:

No I am still waiting, are you as well?

I would call them or email ben balderas--i called on monday and a lady told me they'd had technical troubles at the overarching grad school, and to email him. he got back to me and told me i'd been rejected (which i was kinda surprised by but i'll be ok) the same day.

Just now, zmr1234 said:

I would call them or email ben balderas--i called on monday and a lady told me they'd had technical troubles at the overarching grad school, and to email him. he got back to me and told me i'd been rejected (which i was kinda surprised by but i'll be ok) the same day.

I’m sorry to hear that 

5 minutes ago, zmr1234 said:

Thank you so much, I will do that. Was your applicant portal updated too?

2 minutes ago, natkay said:

Thank you so much, I will do that. Was your applicant portal updated too?

Yes, but like a day later--so I was told by ben on monday, and got the official notice via application portal yesterday. Good luck!

@honeynut Thank you, it's okay! Best of luck to you !

I was rejected but they told me I could apply to the distance education program. I got into UPenn so I would do that over DE. I'm a little surprised but it has been a good run. Thankful for this community, you are all wonderful and I wish you the best in wherever you end up!

9 minutes ago, natkay said:

I was rejected but they told me I could apply to the distance education program. I got into UPenn so I would do that over DE. I'm a little surprised but it has been a good run. Thankful for this community, you are all wonderful and I wish you the best in wherever you end up!

So sorry to hear that! UPenn is a great school! Best of luck on your endeavors ?

ugh i hate double posting but does anyone know when North Carolina stopped providing a tuition stipend for child welfare title iv-e participants? or if there is some kind of alternative program i am missing? 

On 3/24/2019 at 9:44 AM, honeynut said:

ugh i hate double posting but does anyone know when North Carolina stopped providing a tuition stipend for child welfare title iv-e participants? or if there is some kind of alternative program i am missing? 

Were you able to hear something?