NCCU anyone

Hey! I've also applied to NCCU, but I heard they give a pretty strict deadline about when you need to enroll if they accept you, which makes me a bit nervous as I'm not totally sure I'd want to go there if I get in other places. Regardless, it's nice to meet others who've applied as well! Where else did you apply to?

Its the only school Ive applied to. I know, pretty crazy right? The program is actually very good though. If they accept me, I will absolutley go. The price isnt too bad, and I like that they have a focus on multicultural populations. Your stats are very good. I'm sure you'll get in! Good luck :) . I see that you have UNC as well. North Carolina has lots of great schools.

That's great! Are you from NC? And do you know a lot about the program? I also like their focus on multicultural populations and issues, as that's a main interest of study for me. (And thank you! I'm definitely interested in North Carolina and both of those schools sound really great.)

yes im from the area :) . from what i've heard things can be disorganized, but overall the program is good. for me its about price, and nccu is reasonable! i think you will like the are if you are accepted. raleigh-durham area is cheap, nice living ( depending where you are of course lmao) and theres lots to do in raleigh!

I know it’s past the deadline and I’ve applied to all the other schools I was thinking of, but I didn’t realize that NCCU had a multicultural emphasis and I’m very interested in becoming a bilingual slp (i speak Creole) do you think if i applied now after the deadline they would even look at my application?

5 hours ago, Qveeniz said:

I know it’s past the deadline and I’ve applied to all the other schools I was thinking of, but I didn’t realize that NCCU had a multicultural emphasis and I’m very interested in becoming a bilingual slp (i speak Creole) do you think if i applied now after the deadline they would even look at my application?

I've never heard of a school accepting applications past the deadline, since things like submitting GRE scores and official transcripts take a lot of time. It doesn't hurt to call them and see what they say though. I had an issue with my application and had to call and they were very friendly; it's worth a shot if this is something you're passionate about! Best of luck!

On 2/5/2019 at 10:17 AM, Qveeniz said:

There is somewhere on the website where it says, "applicants may or may not be considered if its past the deadline". I would try anyway and contact graduate admissions along with the program. good luck

Edited by HabaneroPepper

On 2/4/2019 at 11:54 PM, floridaslp said:

Hey! I applied to NCCU as well. It's one of my top choices. Does anyone have any idea of how long they typically take to make decisions?

I think by March they should let us know. On the results site it looks like the earliest people knew was late February and the latest like early April. So b/w late Feb and early April would be my guess.

3 hours ago, HabaneroPepper said:

I think by March they should let us know. On the results site it looks like the earliest people knew was late February and the latest like early April. So b/w late Feb and early April would be my guess.

Thanks for letting me know and best of luck to you! Let's speak it into the universe that we'll be in class together come next fall ?

1 hour ago, floridaslp said:

Thanks for letting me know and best of luck to you! Let's speak it into the universe that we'll be in class together come next fall ?

thanks! good luck to you. what made you choose nccu? i dont have the best stats but i am taking prereqs this year and hoping that my statement and reference letters will get me into the program.

7 hours ago, HabaneroPepper said:

thanks! good luck to you. what made you choose nccu? i dont have the best stats but i am taking prereqs this year and hoping that my statement and reference letters will get me into the program.

I don't have the best stats either. I'm a linguistics major but I took all prereqs as an undergrad (my school doesn't have an undergrad CSD program but does offer the prereqs). I'm from Florida and go to school here, but my parents moved to the Raleigh-Durham area recently and I'd love to live at home so I can take out less loans. Plus, I've heard really good things about the program and the campus is gorgeous. I've only been to NC a handful of times and I could definitely see myself there. How about you?

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, HabaneroPepper said:

anybody heard back yet?

Not yet :( Did you receive a confirmation email once your application was submitted or anything like that? I never received anything. When I log in to their website, it shows that my application was submitted/paid for and is "complete" but I just find it odd that I never received anything confirming it was being reviewed. 

Nothing yet! When I log on, it also says that my application is complete and has been submitted. Based on the results from last year, it sounds like most people heard back in mid-March... Does anyone know if they give offers of financial aid along with their acceptances? I heard that NCCU makes you accept within a very short timeframe (which seems a bit suspicious to me... the other school I've been accepted to is leaving it until April 15).

3 hours ago, floridaslp said:

Not yet :( Did you receive a confirmation email once your application was submitted or anything like that? I never received anything. When I log in to their website, it shows that my application was submitted/paid for and is "complete" but I just find it odd that I never received anything confirming it was being reviewed. 

Yes maam I did. It said something like, "Thank you for submitting your application". Ive been looking constantly even though its only been about 2.5 weeks lol.

I just see that my application is "complete" and has been "submitted".

1 hour ago, LaceySpeechie said:

Nothing yet! When I log on, it also says that my application is complete and has been submitted. Based on the results from last year, it sounds like most people heard back in mid-March... Does anyone know if they give offers of financial aid along with their acceptances? I heard that NCCU makes you accept within a very short timeframe (which seems a bit suspicious to me... the other school I've been accepted to is leaving it until April 15).

Im not sure how they do financial aid with their acceptances. Good luck you guys. Hoping we all get in and will see each other this fall :)

• 2 weeks later...