UNC Chapel Hill Biostatistics Funding

Biostats_301

Question

Hello All !

I'm an international student who just finished a Master's degree in Biostatistics. I was admitted to the UNC Chapel Hill Biostats program and am waiting to hear about financial aiding.

According to posts here from previous years, I have noticed that some students did not hear back about the funding even until late March. 

I was wondering if this is the case, and also if you know any previous students or accepted students who declined have been offered their funding at some point before accepting the offer.

I am so glad and thankful to be admitted, but for a grad student, funding is such a crucial part, as I believe most of you already know and agree.

I would love if any of you could share any information about this. 

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, miraclemaker said:

Hello All !

I'm an international student who just finished a Master's degree in Biostatistics. I was admitted to the UNC Chapel Hill Biostats program and am waiting to hear about financial aiding.

According to posts here from previous years, I have noticed that some students did not hear back about the funding even until late March. 

I was wondering if this is the case, and also if you know any previous students or accepted students who declined have been offered their funding at some point before accepting the offer.

I am so glad and thankful to be admitted, but for a grad student, funding is such a crucial part, as I believe most of you already know and agree.

I would love if any of you could share any information about this. 

Thanks!

Congratulations! Your best bet is to ask the school directly, because funding may vary by year and even by student.

Thanks for your answer! Yes, I am planning to contact the office on Monday, but I was just wondering if I could gather some previous experiences to see my chance of not having any fundings. Also, I want to know if the school is highly willing to provide students with financial aids in anyway so we don't need to struggle finding sources each year, or worse each term.

So anyone who has any insider information about how UNC biostats, it would be a great help!