In a state of flux

Hello everyone!

The previous week I got accepted to the master's program at Case Western Reserve University and the University of Florida in Biomedical Engineering. I love Case Western as it has been a pioneer in BME research for a long time, however, it is a private university and does not offer any financial aid to incoming masters students. The University of Florida, on the other hand, is a public university and I got a 4500 USD scholarship. I would have chosen Case Western over the University of Florida had it been more economical for me, but I am not sure whether I am thinking about this the right way. Is it worth it to let go of Case Western??

Hello! UF's BME department is great! Money is important, and should be part of your decision. I don't know much about Case, only about its good BME reputation but I think is important to go somewhere where you don't have to stress too much about money. I had research experience in BME at UF and I can tell you that is definitely worth it! Good luck with everything~ 

6 hours ago, Y_TheScientist said:

Hello! UF's BME department is great! Money is important, and should be part of your decision. I don't know much about Case, only about its good BME reputation but I think is important to go somewhere where you don't have to stress too much about money. I had research experience in BME at UF and I can tell you that is definitely worth it! Good luck with everything~ 

Yup! I agree with you completely. Thanks :)