Boston University Interviews

11 minutes ago, raspie said:

I have not heard back yet, but I received their last email at 4:55pm so maybe this will be similar?

UPDATE: just received my confirmation

8 minutes ago, raspie said:

UPDATE: just received my confirmation

Awesome - thanks! Did you get the schedule on there? Nothing’s attached to the email. 

2 minutes ago, samijeanne said:

Just heard back as well! Anyone know what the interview is going to be like / if we have a writing sample?

I’m not sure of the interview process other than that the actual interview is with 2 faculty members!

Just now, BioCook said:

Awesome - thanks! Did you get the schedule on there? Nothing’s attached to the email. 

Yes, the schedule is in the body of the email at the bottom. It's has some interesting formatting... 

10 minutes ago, raspie said:

Yes, the schedule is in the body of the email at the bottom. It's has some interesting formatting... 

HA it's been a long day... thanks! 

Bringing this thread back - how are you all prepping for the upcoming interviews? Looking at anything special or just general grad school interview questions?

35 minutes ago, BioCook said:

Bringing this thread back - how are you all prepping for the upcoming interviews? Looking at anything special or just general grad school interview questions?

I'm just looking at some general questions. Does anyone know what the interview will be like? Is it more of a chatting get-to-know-you type, or problem solving and conflict resolution questions? I mean what can you talk about it 12 min?!

1 hour ago, AliceWang said:

I'm just looking at some general questions. Does anyone know what the interview will be like? Is it more of a chatting get-to-know-you type, or problem solving and conflict resolution questions? I mean what can you talk about it 12 min?!

From what I've heard from friends, it's a mix of get to know you and problem-solving questions. It's mainly focused on how you can articulately and genuinely answer questions without necessarily being perfect.

7 minutes ago, BioCook said:

From what I've heard from friends, it's a mix of get to know you and problem-solving questions. It's mainly focused on how you can articulately and genuinely answer questions without necessarily being perfect.

That really helps!!! Thank you!

3 hours ago, BioCook said:

I have been prepping with general interview questions as well as focusing on situational questions. I had an interview last week and was asked several “Tell me about a time...” questions 

19 minutes ago, Lnk17 said:

Hi everyone good luck on your interviews this weekend! If anyone has theirs today, let us know how it goes! Mine is tomorrow morning!! 

Keep us all updated, too! Mine is in the afternoon. :)

4 hours ago, BioCook said:

Keep us all updated, too! Mine is in the afternoon. :)

Mines tomorrow afternoon! Super nervous, hope everyone's went well today. Would love to know what to expect! 

Did you guys bring anything with you, like resumes?

1 hour ago, Carlyfish said:

Mines tomorrow afternoon! Super nervous, hope everyone's went well today. Would love to know what to expect! 

Did you guys bring anything with you, like resumes?

I had the interview today and it was very relaxed. Interview questions were not hard they just wanted to get to know you!  Everyone was friendly and welcome. No need to stress too much about it! And you don’t need to bring anything!

1 hour ago, AliceWang said:

I had the interview today and it was very relaxed. Interview questions were not hard they just wanted to get to know you!  Everyone was friendly and welcome. No need to stress too much about it! And you don’t need to bring anything!

Thank you so so so much!!!