Planning Admissions 2019

15 hours ago, avatarsenpai said:

congrats, I am also waiting on CPP. Wondering since I didn't get anything yesterday if that means I got rejected lol. Did you get an emaill from the school or from Prof Kim/Abdul/Laura? 

Thank you. I got an email that said I was accepted and I checked my portal and it said "admitted clear". If you didnt get accepted now doesn't mean youre rejected. They send out their acceptance emails in cycles so I guess I was in the first round I know someone who got accepted in April last year so there's hope. Good luck ?

On 3/26/2019 at 2:51 PM, Undecided15 said:

MUPindiana- did you attend USC’s Dean’s Merit event last Friday? If so, what did you think? I’m considering USC as well but wasn’t able to attend the event so I’m interested in what you thought.

Sorry, I didn't see this. I wasn't able to attend the event, but I have interacted heavily with admissions and financial aid staff and they helped make my decision easier. Here's another useful resource where you can interact with student ambassadors.

When looking at MUP program rankings, which do people consider valid? I strongly disagree with the "The Best Colleges" rankings, and the Planetizen rankings use information and data from 2016 which seems outdated at this point. I'm starting to wonder if any ranking is valid as these programs vary so greatly based on what you want to do. 

Edited by planner2234

It looks like most people are looking at US schools, but in case there's anybody who's interested in/applied to the VIU MCP program, I just heard back today that I got accepted!

Good luck to anybody else still waiting to hear back!

Any UAlberta Master of Planning applicants still have "pre-screening" as their status? I have emailed the department and they said my application is complete, but I am worried because my status has not changed since I applied. Would love to hear back from an applicant :) Thank you!

The final roundup:

Cornell - accepted with the standard offer. 

UCLA - accepted off the waitlist with a $5,000 fellowship from the Institute of Transportation Studies. 

USC - accepted with full dean's merit scholarship. This is where I'll end up going.

I really wanted to choose UCLA, but in the end it's hard to turn down free money.

20 hours ago, thedonbas said:

The final roundup:

Cornell - accepted with the standard offer. 

UCLA - accepted off the waitlist with a $5,000 fellowship from the Institute of Transportation Studies. 

USC - accepted with full dean's merit scholarship. This is where I'll end up going.

I really wanted to choose UCLA, but in the end it's hard to turn down free money.

Congats!

When did you get off the waitlist at UCLA?

PS. Are you Ukrainian?

Alright y'all, I've narrowed my decision down to University of Utah and Georgia Tech.  I have a full tuition plus ~$8000/semester stipend offer from Utah, and Georgia Tech recently offered me an out of state tuition waiver while stating there are opportunities later on to apply for assistantships as they become available.  With just the tuition waiver, my total costs are about $18,400 per year not including housing.  Georgia Tech is my dream school whereas Utah is the most financially solid option at this point.  Georgia Tech is also a more established and higher ranked program (if you think rankings really mean anything).  I'm really torn between the two, and I'm worried if I choose Georgia Tech I'll end up with a significant amount of debt at the end of it all.  But I think I prefer Tech overall.  My decision needs to be made by Monday for both programs.  Does anyone have any advice?  Thoughts?  

On 4/12/2019 at 10:57 AM, poimai19 said:

Congats!

When did you get off the waitlist at UCLA?

PS. Are you Ukrainian?

I got off the waitlist about a week after I heard about the initial decision (March 14 -> March 21). At the welcome day they told me this was unusual and that most people would hear back after April 15.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:55 PM, Brandon_S said:

Alright y'all, I've narrowed my decision down to University of Utah and Georgia Tech.  I have a full tuition plus ~$8000/semester stipend offer from Utah, and Georgia Tech recently offered me an out of state tuition waiver while stating there are opportunities later on to apply for assistantships as they become available.  With just the tuition waiver, my total costs are about $18,400 per year not including housing.  Georgia Tech is my dream school whereas Utah is the most financially solid option at this point.  Georgia Tech is also a more established and higher ranked program (if you think rankings really mean anything).  I'm really torn between the two, and I'm worried if I choose Georgia Tech I'll end up with a significant amount of debt at the end of it all.  But I think I prefer Tech overall.  My decision needs to be made by Monday for both programs.  Does anyone have any advice?  Thoughts?  

Not sure anyone is really wondering, but I ended up accepting Utah over Georgia Tech.  I'm very happy with my decision, and hopefully some other qualified Tech applicant is able to get some extra funding now that I've officially declined.

4 hours ago, Brandon_S said:

Not sure anyone is really wondering, but I ended up accepting Utah over Georgia Tech.  I'm very happy with my decision, and hopefully some other qualified Tech applicant is able to get some extra funding now that I've officially declined.

Good on you for being financially conscious. I only applied to one school, the one (of maybe 3 or 4) where I could get in-state tuition with WICHE.

Anyone else coming to CU-Denver? 

On 3/6/2019 at 2:19 PM, pawp said:

Hi! Applied to 2 programs this year. International student with architecture background and 3-4 years of professional experience in urban design field.

Harvard MUP: Rejected

MIT MCP - CDD: Waitlisted, will hear back shortly after April 15. Anyone has heard about the odds of admittance from DUSP's waitlist?

Deferred from last year: U Penn (paid the deposit to secure a seat)

Got off the waitlist, going to MIT this fall!

Got an "on hold" email from Queen's University. I haven't heard of anyone being declined from this program yet, so I am wondering if everyone gets the "on hold" email (wondering if this email gets sent to everyone not yet accepted into the program, or if it is a waitlist; applications that are carefully selected and still being considered). If anyone has any insight on what this means for prospective admission, it would be greatly appreciated! 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CanGrad said:

Any Dalhousie MPlan students on here? Wondering if anyone made a Facebook group :)

I'm here! No Facebook group that I'm aware of. PM me and we can start one!