Jump to content

Two very solid options


Recommended Posts

Hey again GC community,

I need some advice. I've been offered two really solid packages from two programs/labs that are truly tied for me. Both have costs and benefits in terms of the PI/research paradigm/facilities/atmosphere which are intangible and that make the decision process somewhat difficult. A few tangible differences between A and B:

A.) Stipend is lower, but cost of living is much lower (but somewhat boring, being in the midwest), less course requirements, in driving distance from family/SO. Offered 1 year fellowship and nominated for additional 3 year fellowship.

B.) Stipend is higher, but cost of living is much higher (but there's more to do *outdoors*, this mythical place that graduate students dream about), more course requirements, would require flights to see family/SO. Offered a 1 year fellowship and additional fellowship for length tbd.

Caveats: I won't know about the 3 year fellowship from A for 3-4 weeks, and I won't receive the finalized package from B until at least one week from now. I know I'm getting ahead of myself here and should just hold my breath until the final numbers come through, but from these few variables, what advice might you have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.