Anxieties, Worries, Thoughts, Comments, etc.

ray92

I had my interview around 12 days ago, and still nothing, I've sent an email to the department but they didn't respond. Also, I applied to another university and I saw lots of people got their admission letters by now but I didn't get anything. So I'm afraid that I am going to get rejected.

It's so stressful because I don't know what would I do this time next year. The stress stopped me from doing my job properly, all I do is refreshing my email :(

@StressedOutUser I applied for computer science, UVa, Virginia Tech and a couple of other universities. All of them are late except for one. So I think I got rejected from every one of them. I have to work on my thesis as well but I decided to wait for the results first.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to 10 schools, and have 4 decisions left, 5 rejections, and 1 masters admit. It's really frustrating how long I've been waiting, and I feel like I might not get into anywhere :(. My recommenders said they wrote me good recs, and expected me to have a good chance at the top schools, but unluckily it doesn't seem likely.

I wish I had applied to jobs and internships earlier, but everyone said I would get in somewhere. Now it's too late for the good positions. Just want to improve my chances for the Fall 2019, but not sure if I'll be able to work with anyone that'll give me another good rec...

@porous My situation is similar to you, I applied to 10 universities. So far I got rejected from 2 of them and got a masters admission. But I have a bad feeling about the rest, most of them are already late for an admission offer. My birthday is in 5 days and kinda hope I get a good birthday present from one of the schools otherwise it's going to be my second worst BD ever!

I worked a full-time job during my masters to be able to pay for application fees and TOEFL-GRE exams. I spent all my savings on this. I have a pretty good resume and grades plus I was an ACM-ICPC world finalist, I don't know what is wrong with my application. 

I applied to 7 universities and haven't heard from a single one, I swear they lost my application or something. A couple even had a huge wave of rejections so I might be waitlisted? Who knows.

9 hours ago, Hougu said:

I applied to 7 universities and haven't heard from a single one, I swear they lost my application or something. A couple even had a huge wave of rejections so I might be waitlisted? Who knows.

Yeah it seems like you are in the waitlist. Wish for the good luck!