Two options, and is it too early to choose?

historygeek

Hi everyone! I'm weighing two options right now and, judging by the results page and the lack of funding for two of the other masters programs I'm applying to, I feel like these will be my best two options. I'm leaning towards one school, which has class registration in mid-March and has asked me to notify them of their decisions as soon as possible. 

A: My current undergrad institution, where I got into the MA to PhD program. This is a more rigid program (I was accepted for American but want to do European history), but I know the faculty and there are a ton of really great scholars. They have graduate housing and I know that travel funding exists. Usually funded, but I have yet to hear about funding and am unsure if I can get into the European history program instead. I can do a thesis. 

B: Program I'm leaning towards. Fully funded, flexible program, ability to do a thesis and there's an option to do a teaching internship in which I can create and teach a class. I can take more language courses and there's travel funding available. There is no graduate housing. I have an interest in public history, and this program has a lot of public history classes and internships available. I also have found this program's previous courses, which all sound fascinating, and the courses I can take for my intended concentration would give me a lot of freedom to explore that I like/don't like.

I know it may be too early, but this is such a big decision. 

Is program B an MA or PhD? 

Also, based on your descriptions, you have way more positives for program B. The only thing you seemed to mention for A that isn't available at B is graduate housing. You can usually find apartments near college campuses. Also, grad housing, in my experience (including other friends), is usually just glorified dorms. 

Just now, PsyDGrad90 said:

Is program B an MA or PhD? 

Also, based on your descriptions, you have way more positives for program B. The only thing you seemed to mention for A that isn't available at B is graduate housing. You can usually find apartments near college campuses. Also, grad housing, in my experience (including other friends), is usually just glorified dorms. 

It's an MA program! The school only offers a terminal MA program, which is likely why I was able to get full funding.