UNC Chapel Hill

ep24

I got waitlisted and I got the notification today via email! I didn't check the portal before now - no idea if I'm looking at the right place or not but I can't find anything on the supplemental application portal talking about my admission/waitlist status.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Whatever. I'm okay with it because it's a competitive school and I'm already in elsewhere, but if waitlisters are hearing first then that definitely is interesting!

Just now, LaceySpeechie said:

I got waitlisted and I got the notification today via email! I didn't check the portal before now - no idea if I'm looking at the right place or not but I can't find anything on the supplemental application portal talking about my admission/waitlist status.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Whatever. I'm okay with it because it's a competitive school and I'm already in elsewhere, but if waitlisters are hearing first then that definitely is interesting!

Congrats on your acceptance to another program! That's awesome! Good to note about the email notification. 

4 minutes ago, Carlyfish said:

I did notice in the supplemental app under upload materials drop down they added "UNC one card" and "Tuition Waiver" 

But I think everyone has that including people who were waitlisted 

Oh I didn't notice that until now! i wonder if that's something everyone has or not

2 hours ago, ep24 said:

Oh I didn't notice that until now! i wonder if that's something everyone has or not

I am wondering if that’s something that has always been there or not.. good luck to everyone and hopefully we hear soon! The waiting period is awful!!!  

2 hours ago, ErikaS said:

I am wondering if that’s something that has always been there or not.. good luck to everyone and hopefully we hear soon! The waiting period is awful!!!  

It hasn't always been there, I uploaded my updated transcripts last week and those weren't options. Trying not to read too much into it though. 

2 hours ago, Carlyfish said:

I saw someone post that they got a call that they were accepted! 

So I think no news is bad news at this point

Usually I would agree to assume the worst but there's still only one acceptance reported, which makes me think there may still be reason to hope? Either way I think we'll find out tomorrow

9 hours ago, Carlyfish said:

I saw someone post that they got a call that they were accepted! 

So I think no news is bad news at this point

Well, it seems that people weren't hearing anything until yesterday, and if they have 300 people who applied they can't possibly notify everyone in one day. So I wouldn't assume anything yet!

Just wanting to share that I am going crazy over here waiting to hear something from UNC. I am sending good vibes everyone's way, but I am officially overthinking! Also the tabs under the portal last night that said "UNC One Card" and "Tuition Waiver" are gone now.. trying not to keep thinking about it! Hopefully we will find out soon. Good luck to everyone waiting :) 

Hi everyone! Just want to say good luck to all of you and don't lose hope! I was accepted to UNC yesterday afternoon by phone, and my portal isn't updated yet. The Speech and Hearing Sciences Department has to recommend you to the graduate school before you can officially be accepted, and the graduate school is the one who updates the portal. On the phone Dr. McComish let me know that they are recommending me for acceptance to the graduate school, and that I should receive an email in the next day or two from them with my official acceptance. So not hearing back could just mean that they haven't made it to your name yet on the call list! It looks like there's a steady stream of people starting to hear from them as she has the time to make the calls.

Also about the drop-down changing on the portal-- mine did that too for a few days and I was freaking out! But now it's back to just one drop-down option for updated transcripts. I don't think it means anything, although of course I was super reading into everything as well when I saw someone mention it on here. ?This whole process has given me so much anxiety it's crazy. 

Anyway, again I wish you all the best of luck hearing back from all your programs, and hope you hear back from UNC soon with good news!! :)

I still haven’t heard anything and I’m stressing! Is anyone else in the same boat? I have seen some rejections and some acceptances on the results page here but idk if they have sent them all or not. Good luck to those still waiting!!