Gatech MS-HCI Fall 2019

Alexyc

Hi guys,

I heard that GT sent out admissions on Feb.22 and Feb.26. Congradulations to those who have been admitted to this competitive program!!! 

I am wondering if the four tracks (IC/ID/PSY/LMC) send out admissions independently? 

If so, which track did you receive your admission from? 

Thanks & Congrats!!!

1 hour ago, gradschoolapplicant1234 said:

Hi! I got into the pscyh track 

Congrats!! I also applied to the psych track, guess that means an implied rejection now! 

Do you mind sharing a little bit of your background?

1 hour ago, Alexyc said:

Congrats!! I also applied to the psych track, guess that means an implied rejection now! 

Don't loose hope yet! According to the results page, they keep sending out decisions till like mid-March. I too started accepting that not hearing any news means I've been rejected but you never know. It's not over until it's over. 

14 hours ago, ibsby98 said:

Don't loose hope yet! According to the results page, they keep sending out decisions till like mid-March. I too started accepting that not hearing any news means I've been rejected but you never know. It's not over until it's over. 

Thanks pal! We just need to hang in there.

3 minutes ago, Lavs said:

Hi guys!

I applied to the Industrial Design Track. My application status still says ' Submitted', so I'm really worried. 

Mine says "To Dept For Review". Maybe you could send them an email (just in case)?

On 2/27/2019 at 8:14 AM, Alexyc said:

Hi, I majored in cog sci in undergrad, and have 2 years working in tech company. I also had hci research experience in college. I think they are still sending out results fyi!

Edited by gradschoolapplicant1234

2 hours ago, gradschoolapplicant1234 said:

Hi, I majored in cog sci in undergrad, and have 2 years working in tech company. I also had hci research experience in college. I think they are still sending out results fyi!

Wow, you exp is amazing! Thanks for the reply! 

I hope they are still sending...

I messed up big time, i didn't realize that the web-hosting of my portfolio website got expired 2 weeks back and as a result my content was deleted. I updated it again few days back but i think it's too late, they have already reviewed my application now it seems. 

Just waiting for a reject :(  

2 hours ago, GudduFML said:

I messed up big time, i didn't realize that the web-hosting of my portfolio website got expired 2 weeks back and as a result my content was deleted. I updated it again few days back but i think it's too late, they have already reviewed my application now it seems. 

Just waiting for a reject :(  

Don't lose heart yet! 

It's just a few days! Besides, portfolio may not be THAT important in reviewing an application: I know some people who got admitted to GT didn't submit portfolio, the committee looks at the whole package after all!:D

2 minutes ago, Alexyc said:

Don't lose heart yet! 

It's just a few days! Besides, portfolio may not be THAT important in reviewing an application: I know some people who got admitted to GT didn't submit portfolio, the committee looks at the whole package after all!:D

That would have been the case if i applied to IC or Psych track, but it was explicitly mentioned on their portal that for ID and LMC, portfolio plays a vital/decisive role ?

4 minutes ago, GudduFML said:

That would have been the case if i applied to IC or Psych track, but it was explicitly mentioned on their portal that for ID and LMC, portfolio plays a vital/decisive role ?

Why don't you try sending them a PDF version of your portfolio? They might consider. :)

Just now, Lavs said:

Why don't you try sending them a PDF version of your portfolio? They might consider. :)

I mailed them regarding the same, haven't heard back from them yet ?

6 minutes ago, GudduFML said:

I agree with @Lavs that you still get the chance to "argue" -- maybe send them an e-mail explaining your situation.

2 minutes ago, Alexyc said:

I agree with @Lavs that you still get the chance to "argue" -- maybe send them an e-mail explaining your situation.

I already did, lets see what happens. Even if i don't make it, its fine. IUB was my top priority anyway (That's what I keep telling myself :P)

Just now, GudduFML said:

I already did, lets see what happens. Even if i don't make it, its fine. IUB was my top priority anyway (That's what I keep telling myself :P)

Good luck!! I do the same -- I keep telling myself Umich is my first choice. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Alexyc said:

Update 3.13:

Seems like GT is sending out rejections quietly on the webiste. No email notification. ?

same. oh well. life must go on