HCID at IUB

Tinu

23 hours ago, Tinu said:

Has anyone got any replies from IUB for their HCI/d program? I had a TEPIAC interview but didn't hear back after.

Hi! I applied as well, but havent heard back from IUB. Do you mind sharing when you interviewed with them?

It was an English proficiency exam. It was more like a casual conversation. They asked me about my daily routine, why I applied to the program, my hobbies etc

On 3/4/2019 at 8:51 PM, ohdeargodwhy said:

I was a student in this program and can answer any questions if you have them 

I saw your comment somewhere that the Director of the program has been changed and it's a disaster now. Do you mind elaborating on that please!

19 hours ago, GudduFML said:

I saw your comment somewhere that the Director of the program has been changed and it's a disaster now. Do you mind elaborating on that please!

I don't want to make blanket statements because the program might be right for some students - but you can pm me if you want my opinion and experience

I see there's some concern being voiced in this thread about the state of the HCI/d program at IUB. As a current student in the HCI/d MS program at Indiana University, I'm willing to answer questions about it. Spoiler alert: The program is not a "disaster." It's a wonderful experience. PM me if interested/if you want to learn more.

Edited by gonein60seconds

20 hours ago, gonein60seconds said:

I see there's some concern being voiced in this thread about the state of the HCI/d program at IUB. As a current student in the HCI/d MS program at Indiana University, I'm willing to answer questions about it. Spoiler alert: The program is not a "disaster." It's a wonderful experience. PM me if interested/if you want to learn more.

It's kinda fishy given the fact that you are already a student of the program but decided to join this forum yesterday. Not questioning you credibility, but just found it amusing. 

3 hours ago, GudduFML said:

It's kinda fishy given the fact that you are already a student of the program but decided to join this forum yesterday. Not questioning you credibility, but just found it amusing. 

Hi there! I just made my account today, because I just heard about this site and that there was some one-sided information being presented. I am also a current student in the IU HCI/d program. Let me know if you have any specific questions!

On 3/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, gonein60seconds said:

20 hours ago, Sherbert42 said:

Hi there! I just made my account today, because I just heard about this site and that there was some one-sided information being presented. I am also a current student in the IU HCI/d program. Let me know if you have any specific questions!

Can y'all give us an overview of the state of the program? I'd rather hear 3 opinions than 1. I was admitted last Friday, and know someone personally who went the program (~5 to 6 years ago) that swears it was a great experience.

Edited by produxtui

1 hour ago, produxtui said:

Can y'all give us an overview of the state of the program? I'd rather hear 3 opinions than 1. I was admitted last Friday, and know someone personally who went the program (~5 to 6 years ago) that swears it was a great experience.

As I said, I prefer to conduct more specific conversations in private, but an "overview" of the program would be this: it's a great program, and a great experience. It is in the process of changing/updating its curriculum, but this is hardly a bad thing. Programs need to change to stay fresh and relevant. We have been kept in the loop as to the direction the program is moving, and we are very excited about this direction. It should tell you something that alums of the program are proud of it, and are generally very open to being mentors.

Additionally, I'd like to say (in response to a different poster) that I feel I made my original motivations for creating an account/posting on this thread very clear. It was never my intention to be shadowy about anything. Some current students saw that there was one-sided information about our program being presented here, and as such a couple of us decided to offer an alternate, more positive perspective to potential students. I don't see anything wrong or "fishy" about this. It's our program, and we're proud of it!