MIT IDM Fall 2019

wittyviolin689

14 hours ago, sakimama said:

Having gone through the interview process, would one wonder how it went? Having had answered abstract questions and intent of education, it was a very different experience :) 

crossing fingers to know what will happen ahead. 

Haven't applied to any other program as IDM seemed truly unique. I am not sure how reapplying may help, as it may in most other programs. Here I felt that the evaluation seemed to be of core personality. 

When were you invited for an interview? and What cohort did you apply to?

I was interviewed on Mar 8

I applied as a product designer. I am not sure about the dates for results. 

Any more experiences of the interview?

Have any of you guys been talking to current students on results/selection process?

Edited by sakimama

24 minutes ago, sakimama said:

I was interviewed on Mar 8

I applied as a product designer. I am not sure about the dates for results. 

Any more experiences of the interview?

Have any of you guys been talking to current students on results/selection process?

May I ask how many years of real world experience you have?

They are giving out interview requests on a rolling basis this year. I had my application finished early march so I think I'm one of the last ones to be reviewed. 

17 hours ago, Parast said:

May I ask how many years of real world experience you have?

They are giving out interview requests on a rolling basis this year. I had my application finished early march so I think I'm one of the last ones to be reviewed. 

That's like a month past the deadline?

On 4/6/2019 at 12:46 AM, thecodemachine said:

I accepted my admit somewhere else and withdrew my app from Idm. I’m moving a long ways and wanted to get the logistics started ASAP. Housing is tight in some of these cities. Good luck every1

Care to share which program you applied to? For future reference just in case this doesn't work out.

Also, any engineers who applied right here?

2 hours ago, Raphaellin said:

Hi I just got the interview invite today and the interview is tmr......Does anyone know the detail or the structure of the interview? 

All the best! When did you submit your application? Closer to the deadline ? 

11 hours ago, wittyviolin689 said:

How did things go? Did they mention when the results will be out?

The questions they asked were very abstract, open-ended and totally different from the job interview. I was very nervous and did not come up with INTERESTING answers since the entire interview was totally different from what I expected. 

Results update has been posted on the application page. I had this paragraph on:

"That said, we were very impressed with your application and your vision for the future, and feel that IDM could be right for you if you had some additional real-world experience.  This could include working in an established company, creating and implementing your own product or business, or making a social impact. We encourage you to reapply to the program in 2-3 years."

I wonder if that's a standard paragraph for everyone?

9 hours ago, wittyviolin689 said:

Results update has been posted on the application page. I had this paragraph on:

"That said, we were very impressed with your application and your vision for the future, and feel that IDM could be right for you if you had some additional real-world experience.  This could include working in an established company, creating and implementing your own product or business, or making a social impact. We encourage you to reapply to the program in 2-3 years."

Hey, that definitely isn't a standard paragraph. Got my rejection mail today. The exact same rejection format as what I received when I applied 2 years ago and it doesn't mention anything like this.

Yours seems very encouraging! All the best and congrats to everyone who got in ! 

13 hours ago, wittyviolin689 said:

I got the exact same message. 

How many years of experience do you have? I have approx 5. 

1 hour ago, pensivefont said:

I got the exact same message. 

How many years of experience do you have? I have approx 5. 

I have approx 6, it’s unfortunate but doubt I’ll be reapplying. Happy to PM to chat more with any of you guys :)

Edited by wittyviolin689

5 hours ago, wittyviolin689 said:

I have approx 6, it’s unfortunate but doubt I’ll be reapplying. Happy to PM to chat more with any of you guys :)

Curious as to what you will do next? 

As for me, I got into CMU and UPENN for similar programs but don't think I'll ultimately attend either program. Going to start looking for a new job instead of grad school. ?

On 4/13/2019 at 11:19 PM, wittyviolin689 said:

Get my rejection and have the exact same message.  I am appreciated that they offered me an interview since I only have 3 years working experience. Definitely will apply again in the future.