GWU Elliott 2019 Decisions

I received an email this afternoon that I was accepted in to the MIPP at GWU.  However, I applied by the Jan 7 priority deadline.  Anyone else receive a decision today?

I did see prior message broads in which the decisions came out in mid March of each year.  So I was surprised to see the email this afternoon.  

Hi there, I was admitted into the M.A. International Affairs and M.A. Asian Studies programs today! Congrats on getting in. The MIA is my current top choice out of the programs I’ve been admitted to. Still holding out for Columbia SIPA or Georgetown MSFS though!

9 minutes ago, homesicksub said:

Hi there, I was admitted into the M.A. International Affairs and M.A. Asian Studies programs today! Congrats on getting in. The MIA is my current top choice out of the programs I’ve been admitted to. Still holding out for Columbia SIPA or Georgetown MSFS though!

Congrats !  The programs that I applied to are the SAIS MIPP, AU MIS, and GW MIPP.  I did get into the SAIS MIPP..

FYI - I just received an email on the fellowship information !

Just now, bness2002 said:

Congrats !  The programs that I applied to are the SAIS MIPP, AU MIS, and GW MIPP.  I did get into the SAIS MIPP..

FYI - I just received an email on the fellowship information !

Congrats on SAIS! I applied to their MA program, but won’t hear from them for another two weeks.

Wow, I’m surprised they’re sending out fellowship info so late. I’ll keep my eye out, thanks!

Just now, homesicksub said:

Congrats on SAIS! I applied to their MA program, but won’t hear from them for another two weeks.

Wow, I’m surprised they’re sending out fellowship info so late. I’ll keep my eye out, thanks!

Thanks !  I submitted my SAIS application in mid Oct.

I got my offer and funding information for International Development this morning! Georgetown GHD offered me similar money so I’m leaning more towards them but still waiting for more results next week. Congrats to everyone with good news!

Hi! I've applied to GWU Elliot School's MA in International Affairs. Two days ago, I received an email from a Professor congratulating me on my acceptance and also told me to expect a "formal acceptance letter as well as fellowship information". I got the official decision letter today but no information on funding. Should I be expecting a separate funding decision?

Also, I'm an international student, in case that matters in terms of funding. :)

12 hours ago, TheSAfiltercoffee said:

Hi! I've applied to GWU Elliot School's MA in International Affairs. Two days ago, I received an email from a Professor congratulating me on my acceptance and also told me to expect a "formal acceptance letter as well as fellowship information". I got the official decision letter today but no information on funding. Should I be expecting a separate funding decision?

Also, I'm an international student, in case that matters in terms of funding. :)

I got two separate emails (admissions, then funding later) - seems like most people got both decisions last night, but funding might come later for international students! If you don't get any funding news in the next few days I'd suggest emailing/calling the admissions office to check in.

I received my admission decision for Masters in International development yesterday from GWU. It was very upsetting to know that i did not receive fellowship from there. 

Should i still go for GWU? I have an admit from Clark IDCE with 50% tuition waiver.  

I am so confused. GWU is so expensive but there are obvious benefits of GWU, but is it worth it?

I was accepted to GWU Asian Studies MA yesterday, no funding unfortunately. Two more schools to hear back from the nerves are getting to me!

On 3/2/2019 at 10:24 PM, somewhatslightlydazed said:

I got two separate emails (admissions, then funding later) - seems like most people got both decisions last night, but funding might come later for international students! If you don't get any funding news in the next few days I'd suggest emailing/calling the admissions office to check in.

Thank you! I emailed the admissions assistant with whom I was in touch with. Also, I noticed you applied to most of the schools I've applied to! I don't know why I didn't apply t o SAIS...they seem to have more funding than other schools in DC.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, bness2002 said:

Anyone here appealing their fellowship amount for the Elliott school ?

I tried to, just to see what they'd offer and they said that I needed to accept my offer and wait until after April 15th to do that. So I was like, eh ok never mind. And declined. Every other program responded with an updated offer, just not GWU

18 hours ago, MoynihanBreakerBurkina said:

I tried to, just to see what they'd offer and they said that I needed to accept my offer and wait until after April 15th to do that. So I was like, eh ok never mind. And declined. Every other program responded with an updated offer, just not GWU

I was able to neg with GWU, but I think its because I am doing the mid-career MIPP and they need people ... Ugh ... I was accepted to SAIS ($$) and I am leaning more towards them.

So I see your profile that you got a full ride to Stanford ...Congrats !!!

6 hours ago, bness2002 said:

I was able to neg with GWU, but I think its because I am doing the mid-career MIPP and they need people ... Ugh ... I was accepted to SAIS ($$) and I am leaning more towards them.

So I see your profile that you got a full ride to Stanford ...Congrats !!!

Thank you!! Yeah, I really wanted to be on the East Coast for career reasons, but I simply could not logically decline the offer Stanford gave me. Unfortunately, none of my East Coast options were financially viable enough in the end. 

I regret not applying for SAIS! If it would not be a detrimental burden on you, I might go for SAIS in your position. Of course, I know that unfortunately financial issues can steer us one way or another, so it may make the decision more difficult. But if you feel like you can handle the $$ question, SAIS might be the way to go! With that said, GWU Elliott is also a great school that's recognized, so you can't lose either way. Good luck in making your final decision!!

• 7 months later...

Hey guys!! I’m thinking about applying to the MIEP program. But my undergrad GPA was very low (2.5), I am taking the GRE to back that gpa up. I also worked in a professional setting after graduating from undergrad. Do you think I have any chance of being accepted?