I was wondering if anyone that has been accepted to the English PhD program at Texas A&M received any information on fellowships nominations? I received an offer with stipend and all on Feb 4th, but I’ve received better offers and now I’m just waiting to see if they will offer a fellowship or not. This is a top choice for me because of location and faculty , but the stipend is half compared to another more prestigious offer I’ve received. 

@tacocat211 congrats! I’m really trying to stay in Texas so I would love to receive more funding for the program, but at this point I’m not sure if I’ll get more. 

That’s awesome! Are you going to be at the visit this Thursday? 

Edited by Lowe

@Lowe yes I definitely want to stay in Texas also, so I'm thrilled about this acceptance. I love the department and students here already, so I'm very happy about potentially staying here for the PhD.

You might use your better funding offers for leverage. No guarantees, but it can't hurt. The worst they can say is no. But yes, unfortunately the funding/stipend is lower here.

And yes I will be here! I'll be at the lunch & the dinner and around the department during the day. I'm excited to meet everyone! :)