I can't decide!- SLP

Help! 

So I've applied to 10 grad schools for Speech Pathology because I was terrified that I was not going to get accepted anywhere, but so far, I have been accepted to 8 schools. (Still waiting to hear back from SJU and Hofstra). I know that this is a good problem to have, however, I feel so lost. I kept doubting that I would get in, and felt like the decision would be made for me based on my acceptances/rejections. 

If anyone has any input on any of these schools I would really appreciate it! I want to work in a school so preferably a college where I can get my TSSLD. So far Ive been accepted to: Iona College, Adelphi, Pace, Mercy, LIU Post, LIU Brooklyn, William Patterson and as of today, NYU- Steinhardt.

I would appreciate all feedback/ information that anyone has on these programs!

Thanks! 

I'm on the same boat, though right now my mind is set on Mercy College. I instantly fell in love with the school on the day of the interview. (Btw, when did you have your interview? Mine was Feb 28th)

I would be cautious about LIU Brooklyn since I recently learned that they had issues with their accredidation. 

I am in the same boat too! I got accepted to Hofstra and Mercy like you but feel these programs are much more on the expensive side which is why I am most likely going to decline their offers, even though they have good reputations. My interview for Mercy was February 21st and I thought they did a really good job at showing off why their program is a really good option despite the price. As for Hofstra, I live 15 minutes from the school and worked at their summer camp last summer and absolutely love the location, community, and overall environment. Sadly I was never able to tour and see their program so I do not know much though again, I've heard good things. I can promise the school itself is lovely though and the campus and people there that I've met are all really nice too.

I don't know much about the other schools that you mentioned but I hope this helps!

Also, I'm an undergrad at SUNY New Paltz and got into their program, along with the University of Buffalo, and have an interview for CUNY Brooklyn in a week. Im not sure as to if you know much about these schools but was wondering if you have heard any information in regards to their program and their school overall. I also am curious about how much to take into consideration the semesters of each school. I know some programs are 5 and some are 6 and I don't know if that makes a big difference with expenses and the overall experience of going to grad school knowing I will have to be there for an extra summer. Any information helps!

If you get into any other schools let me know and I can see if I can help out anymore as well and good luck!

16 hours ago, Meghan Pilkington said:

I am in the same boat too! I got accepted to Hofstra and Mercy like you but feel these programs are much more on the expensive side which is why I am most likely going to decline their offers, even though they have good reputations. My interview for Mercy was February 21st and I thought they did a really good job at showing off why their program is a really good option despite the price. As for Hofstra, I live 15 minutes from the school and worked at their summer camp last summer and absolutely love the location, community, and overall environment. Sadly I was never able to tour and see their program so I do not know much though again, I've heard good things. I can promise the school itself is lovely though and the campus and people there that I've met are all really nice too.

I don't know much about the other schools that you mentioned but I hope this helps!

Also, I'm an undergrad at SUNY New Paltz and got into their program, along with the University of Buffalo, and have an interview for CUNY Brooklyn in a week. Im not sure as to if you know much about these schools but was wondering if you have heard any information in regards to their program and their school overall. I also am curious about how much to take into consideration the semesters of each school. I know some programs are 5 and some are 6 and I don't know if that makes a big difference with expenses and the overall experience of going to grad school knowing I will have to be there for an extra summer. Any information helps!

If you get into any other schools let me know and I can see if I can help out anymore as well and good luck!

Hi, how was your interview with Brooklyn College? I have one this Thursday. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

3 hours ago, Nessie0067 said:

Hi, how was your interview with Brooklyn College? I have one this Thursday. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

I actually have my Brooklyn interview coming up next week so I didn't go yet either. From what I've read it seems to be pretty laid back though and this being that basically every interview I have been to so far has been good too! I wouldn't go in too nervous, I think it will be just fine but good luck! 

2 hours ago, Meghan Pilkington said:

I actually have my Brooklyn interview coming up next week so I didn't go yet either. From what I've read it seems to be pretty laid back though and this being that basically every interview I have been to so far has been good too! I wouldn't go in too nervous, I think it will be just fine but good luck! 

Oh, I read that wrong lol