UCLA Luskin

Heard back from Luskin earlier today through email - nominated for admission! I did my undergrad at UCLA, and the thought of returning to campus is actually exciting. Now just hoping the best for funding/aid info, to be released in the next few weeks.

Has anyone contacted the admissions office?

I saw someone share this link on a UCLA thread last year: http://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/Account/AppStatus.aspx . When I enter my email and password it says that a decision has not yet been made on my application. 

47 minutes ago, mpphopeful2019 said:

I saw someone share this link on a UCLA thread last year: http://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/Account/AppStatus.aspx . When I enter my email and password it says that a decision has not yet been made on my application. 

I was considering it, at the very least to ask when we can expect to hear back. I checked out the same link too - I got the same message when I entered my info :(

As a side note I just heard that Luskin will be hosting 2020 Democratic presidential candidates for a forum on their policies regarding LGBT citizens. I wonder if they’ve been pretty focused on working on this. It’s pretty cool! But it’s making want to hear back from them even more. ?

1 hour ago, mpphopeful2019 said:

Mine also says they haven't made a decision yet.  Very irritating since I heard back from some programs as early as January.  The fact that they charged $105 for this application makes it even more frustrating.  

16 minutes ago, belocali said:

As a side note I just heard that Luskin will be hosting 2020 Democratic presidential candidates for a forum on their policies regarding LGBT citizens. I wonder if they’ve been pretty focused on working on this. It’s pretty cool! But it’s making want to hear back from them even more. ?

So glad to see UCLA puts their students/potential students first ?.  But for real, this is pretty cool.  I just hope it's not taking too much time away from them.

8 hours ago, belocali said:

Oh man that's awesome!  Just saw more info here: http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/ucla-human-rights-campaign-2020-presidential-candidates-forum

Otherwise, still nothing, but relieved to be in good company ?. Good luck everyone!

Edited by dffiv

I suspect they're doing it like GWU did: good news first, bad news later.

It's fairly insane that they haven't got them all out yet when I think pretty much every other school has by now. I've basically crossed them off my list for consideration now unless they offer me a free ride.

16 hours ago, bac said:

I suspect they're doing it like GWU did: good news first, bad news later.

It's fairly insane that they haven't got them all out yet when I think pretty much every other school has by now. I've basically crossed them off my list for consideration now unless they offer me a free ride.

Yeah - I'm trying not to read too much into the timing & process, but it's admittedly a little hard to not assume the worst. One would think that decisions would be released all at once, rather than the slow trickle they seem to be doing. Maybe they're still figuring out funding for people who haven't heard yet? Guess we'll all find out soon enough! ?

Just got my acceptance! No mention of funding yet. Last name begins with F, if that helps.

Good luck everyone- and if we wind up being classmates I'm stoked to meet you!

1 hour ago, cheysadr said:

If it's any comfort, I do have an A last name, so the alphabetical theory could have some weight. 

I was overly optimistic. I called and was told they had already sent out all acceptances and waitlists for MURPs and I was receiving neither. 

Got my acceptance email yesterday night. Still in shock! 

It did state that I was recommended for admission, and more or less will hear officially from Graduate Studies. Is this pretty typical? Did anyone else have that wording in their email/letter?

Feeling a little neurotic this morning. ?

3 hours ago, belocali said:

Got my acceptance email yesterday night. Still in shock! 

It did state that I was recommended for admission, and more or less will hear officially from Graduate Studies. Is this pretty typical? Did anyone else have that wording in their email/letter?

Feeling a little neurotic this morning. ?

Yep - "...the Department of Public Policy has recommended you for admission to the Master of Public Policy program...You will be receiving formal notification of this decision from UCLA Graduate Division. We hope that you will accept our invitation to be a part of this exciting and influential program."